Frank Heverin (aka Faldo) RIP

We’ll get the €5k, well done lads.

2 Likes

It’s kinda hard explain really.

1 Like

Yes it is and it’s hit me like a tonne of bricks. I usually take these things in my stride. I guess the unusual nature of it has caused this.

5 Likes

Some genuinely moving stuff here, fair play to ye lads.
@Locke best knowledge is he was not a member of any club(except TFK). I wouldn’t know much re his golfy side though. I do know he bust his knee a couple of years back playing football and doubt he swang a golf club since
@Ralphie Faldo was a TFK thing only to the best of my knowledge

The fundraiser was a joined effort including @ironmoth and @Rocko. Unbelievable amount so far. Fair play to all on the forum. The end date is just after the Galway races so we’ll try hard to get a few winners then see can we add to it

17 Likes

I can picture Cancer Care West in Tuam getting a nice donation asking what the fuck is TFK? Who the fuck is Frank Faldo?

19 Likes

They’ll probably take one look at the Russia v Ukraine thread and hand the money back :joy:

14 Likes

Shocking sad lads. @faldo was a pure gent and fair fucks to the lads for organising the fundraiser. it was a fitting memorial to the man.
If nothing else, what has been brought into sharp focus for me is that TFK is laden with sound skins.

5 Likes

Fantastic cause. Fairplay to you pal.

1 Like

It is hard to explain. I do feel some comfort in the fact many posters here have felt the same. When I log in now during the day and see the maroon logo I stop and think.

You cant but feel for their families. The distraction of my own kids here has sort of kept me occupied but when I think of the 2 boys I cant imagine what their poor families have gone through.

I know from my own experience that you can be really lucky in this life and really unlucky. These 2 lads were taken in their prime. The bed of heaven to them. The Masters or a Clare hurling victory just wont be the any more and its sort of dawned on me we have to really make the best of things and value what we have.

16 Likes

Super post @Smark , you’ve nailed all the corners. There must have been an Archbishop or at worse a Monsignor in your lineage. I’ll have the children contact you when I pop and maybe you’ll oblige. Seriously though, that funeral Mass and the occasion would move the hardest soul. RIP Frank, the comments here and elsewhere confirm what a man you were.

13 Likes

He has gotten the highest honour that can be granted to a tfk poster “he wasn’t a cunt”.

34 Likes

You’d imagine that if he was one, the commentary on here would be “he was a bit of a cunt, but by Jesus he was our cunt!”

2 Likes

He was able to spot one a mile away too.

2 Likes

We had him well trained for more than a decade

1 Like

There’s no great training needed to spot an animal in the zoo.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Just found this forum after Frank died. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I knew January was very tough for him but obviously didn’t realise just how tough. He was such a family man it’s hard to understand how life could be so cruel as to take him from his wife and kids.
Frank was a great friend and a great help to myself and my wife last year, we’ll miss him.
We’ve been reading all the lovely messages you guys wrote about him, they describe @Faldo to a tee.
I’m sorry Frank is gone but I’m glad I knew him for a bit.

66 Likes

Really sorry for your loss

13 Likes

Nothing to add to what’s been said here. Gave a small donation there. Lovely touch and well done to the lads who organised it.

Life is short lads. Enjoy it.

4 Likes

Welcome to TFK @Copp85, sorry for your loss.

3 Likes

@Copp85 sorry for you loss.

You’ve also read the only thread that brings out the good of everyone here. Avoiding every other thread on here is probably not a bad idea if you want to keep a positive view on us all!

20 Likes