Frank Heverin (aka Faldo) RIP

Also @Copp85 you’d be as well off avoiding the limerick threads. You could get scabies in there.

1 Like

Or robbed.

6 Likes

He could lose an eye

Or meet lots of alright sorts

Moving down the list of likely outcomes

1 Like

Or a finger

1 Like

Lads will ye try not scare off the first new poster we’ve had in 10 years.

Sorry for your loss @Copp85

5 Likes

We’re due a new Italian and Limerick based Cork poster any day now.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

You’re talking about you know who…… He’ll be back, probably doing community service for a spell.
He can live without this place? Not a chance.

Sure he moved back didn’t he.

Closing in on the 5k. Be a nice figure to wrap it up on you’d have to say? Obviously up to @Lazarus

3 Likes

A terrible tragedy lads.

I remember @faldo announcing the news and he seemed to take it with great vigour and optimism so I always felt he’d beat it.

As a poster like most on here we had our run ins but I could see from our interactions he was a smashing guy, whatever was said was said and our next interaction bore no animosity like some you might get around here. I know some of us here act the maggot at times but I think it came across to everyone that there was an inherent decency in @Faldo and I really did have the height of respect for him.

RIP my efriend.

Thoughts to his family and his friends on here who I’m sure felt privileged to have got to know the man and leave his impression on their lives.

33 Likes

Right folks, time to organise a golf outing to raise a few pound for Tuam Cancer Care in honour of @Faldo. I know there’s a big kitty on the iDonate but we can always do more.
IMO I think August might be out but if the golfers think we’d get the spots at an agreed venue then please say so.
Where do we hold it? On Galway sod* or more central to us all in Clare or Tipp or Limerick? Suggestions please.
We can get Franks family on board too and make a right event of it. Reply if you’re available and/or interested. It’ll most likely be Sept/early October

:+1:

10 Likes

Available early October, any venue would suit.

Interested, availability will depend on the date.

I’d say just put up a poll with a few options that suit you and see what the uptake is like

2 Likes

Do you need a caddie bud?

3 Likes

Great idea. Sept or Oct fine by me but happy to go along with consensus.

Bring a few cans and Esteban and once we get over the initial uncomfortableness we’ll have some laugh

3 Likes