Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

Anywhere we can bet on Mccarthy being next to bite the bullet? I see it’s 2/7 with skybet.

Skybet mate

Thanks TDB mate, any idea what price he is with them?

[quote=“The All Seeing Eye, post: 653757”]

dont know why yourgetting sand in your vagina about this-your taking this worse than keane did-[/quote]Cheers for concern mate but I was just looking for some clarification for when I’m retelling this seemingly humorous story down the local. Would prefer to have the real story.

Anyway isnt this thread about an average epl team sacking their overrated manager?

keane is a council estate tramp so nothing new learnt here

what a bunch of halfwit wankers his brothers must be though

He’s about a 2/7 shot mate

Anyone who has ever played football, or drunk, with Roy Keane has a favourite story, and Lee Sharpe’s goes back to the days when his Manchester United team-mate regularly used to punch and puke his way through the city’s nightspots. Keane had been knocking back the drink one Saturday night, without any food, and was “absolutely smashed”, according to Sharpe, when some Liverpool players walked into the bar.

It was Liverpool’s Spice Boys white-suits-for-the-cup-final heyday and Keane started to lay into them straight off the bat. The first one to get it was his fellow Republic of Ireland international Phil Babb. Sharpe can remember him shouting (with the expletives removed): “Who the hell do you think you are, Babb?”

John Scales tried to act as peacemaker and walked into another stream of invective. “You, Scales, you’re rubbish as well, with your England B cap, you’re nothing, rubbish.” Then Jamie Redknapp came over, with his London patter and twinkling eyes, trying to smooth things over. “You, Redknapp, are you happy with your Under-21 caps?” Keane spluttered. “What the hell have you done in the game?” On and on it went. “All of which I thought was pretty funny,” Sharpe cheerfully remembers. “Roy was a great lad, a great mate. He loved a laugh and to go out, but he had this blackness inside him I never understood, and it came out when he drank. Nobody messed with Roy Keane, it was understood within the game. Look what happened to Haaland.”

Keane’s hard man actions were either cowardly acts that caught people off guard or some posturting against pussies. Did he ever go toe to toe with a proper hardman? It was always the same “hold me back, hold me back” type antics with Keane. At the end of his career he was joke of figure in footballing circles, this myth he had built about himself was being exposed for the facade it was, it couldn’t have been encapsulated better than when McAteer took the piss out of him after Keane was sent off. Keane wasn’t tough enough to be a real hard man, he was just a cunt.

If both men were in their prime, I have absolutely no doubt that Mick McCarthy would kick the fucking shit out of Roy Keane.

Excellent, another thread to discuss Roy Keane, I was worried we hadn’t been paying wnough attention to him.

Keane gets tanked up and tries to start on a few of the windiest cunts to ever play the game.

What a hard man :rolleyes:.

Think we’re forgetting what this thread is about. Mick McCarthy bein sacked again.

[quote=“Gman, post: 653724”]

he was poxed yesterday. All over Villa but couldnt score. Then Frimpong gets stretchered off, and Henry gets himself sent off, and ultimatley being up against Robbie Keane. Had no luck at all going for him.[/quote]

Huh , Wolves scored twice. They went 2-1 up but were dung afte half time.

If he can’t recognize at this stage that the likes of Hennessy, Ward, Berra, Stearman aren’t of the standard required then he shouldn’t be manager.

Far from me to go against TFK exclusives but has this been confirmed? Great news for Doyle if so

If Wolves have any ambition to be more than just perennial relegation candidates then the change is understandable

You might be onto something here KIB Man - where has this been confirmed? It hasn’t actually been confirmed as yet, though obviously its only a matter of time…

I have confirmed it.

Shit, sorry Bandage, not sure what I was thinking there…

jimmy29 would be proud of this.

didnt he back down from a very young Roy Keane in Boston years back?

I think Mick is an alright sort. But he is a very limited manager

As a former center half you’d think the least he could do is sort out his defence

Never had any luck since that day he back stabbed Keano