Friend of the Forum: Big Mick McCarthy

Take a bow Bandage, take a bow :clap: :clap:

I hope Mick wipes Wolves out next year with whatever team he manages in the Championship. To Mick :clap: :clap: :pint: :ireland:

McCarthy tried to make him into a white Heskey. When Kevin Doyle made the breakthrough in England and later at international level he was a vastly superior goal threat than what McCarthys primitive tactics turned him into. This is great news for him and for Ireland. Foley is a better player than recent form suggests as is Hunt.

Ward is an impostor. Nowhere near good enough, Malahide mong.

It always seemed strange to me how McCarthy as a former defender and organiser at the back himself, has no idea how to organise a defence. Stearman, Berra, Ward, Elokobi, Hennessy - joke players one and all.

Mick is suited to lower level football where motivating average players alone gets results. The Championship or returning to Parkhead suits him perfectly. Don’t believe we will see him managing a team in the EPL again.

That’s such a good point. It would be even better if Doyle’s goal record in the EPL at Reading 19 goals in 68 games supported it. And that international record before he joined Wolves (7 in 31) stands up so well against his (4 in 18 since). It’s a pity that something as trivial as facts got in the way of your terrific argument though.

It’s hilarious when Rocko gets wound up by KIB and he trolls around after him for a few days , take it easy Rocko you’ll live longer.

FOADYUUCOAM.

I just don’t like people repeating the same mindless bullshit ad nauseum and probably convincing themselves it’s true in the process.

:o

Anyone know what the second U is for?

Utter

[quote=“Rocko, post: 653844”]
FOADYUUCOAM.

I just don’t like people repeating the same mindless bullshit ad nauseum and probably convincing themselves it’s true in the process.[/quote]

Hmmm I worry for your health Rocko.

With Reading Doyle scored 66 goals in 146 games.

At Wolves it fell to 20 goals in 80 games despite suffering a number of injury lay-offs and McCarthy persisting with him as a lone striker.

Internationally he’s on 10 goals despite playing for two years under Staunton (inept) and Trapptoni. The latter has used him at as player to hold up the ball and run his legs into the ground to try and get Robbie Keane on the end of something.

McCarthy is a clown of a manager good for getting teams promoted to the Premier League and nothing after that, his record speaks for itself in this regard. He is also the Irish manager who failed to notice that we had a man extra against Spain during the Extra time period of the 2002 World Cup second round.

He’s basically a man like Neil Warnock only less loud and annoying. Good for promotion and little else. Perfect for Leeds.

John Aldridge had a poorer strike record for Ireland at the same age.

McCarthy has played Doyle like Doyle always played. The problem has been Doyle putting on far too much weight that it’s effected his mobilility and he now possesses a bad attitude, rather than chasing every ball and haranguing defenders he will throw a strop with his hands up in the air. A player as limited as Doyle can’t afford to do this. It’s nothing McCarthy has done, the role he uses him for is all he’s good for. The problem has been Doyle’s physical conditioning and arrogance.

:lol:

Spot on Totti, Doyle has always struck me as a hugely arrogant sort.

dont think all those goals were in the EPL though-compare like with like

Doyle is a fat arrogant imposter

How many of those goals were scored in the Championship?

Dunno, try using the Internet to check it up if you want. I hear it’s great for that sort of thing.

doyles highest total in prem league 13 from 32 apps in 06-07

comparing that with one of his peers…

robbie keane 16 from 36 apps…05-06

Robbie Keane has no peer.

You obviously researched how many goals he has scored for Reading and Wolves, why didn’t you compare his record in the EPL with both?

Possibly because it doesn’t suit your arguement as Doyle two most prolific seasons have come in the Championship and I would hazard a guess that there isn’t a huge difference in his record in the EPL for either club

If you think McCarthy is only good in the Championship then I imagine you’d apply the same criticism to Doyle who has 6, 5 and 2 goals in his last 3 seasons in the EPL - one of which was with the Reading side he was in such allegedly freescoring form for.

He has never been all about goalscoring but if he’s being judged on that then his record with Reading at the top level was distinctly average.

Robbie has scored well over 100 goals in the EPL though and over 50 for his country.

A better indicator would be as to how many seasons did Keane get into double figures in the EPL and how many times Doyle has done it