Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

Brought to you by the Chinese government.

Yep, Constant dopamine hit for a young developing brain. Smart phones are addictive, Iā€™m a pretty decent test case myself for the past decadeā€¦Fucking hours of mindless scrollingā€¦ But at least Iā€™m an adult with a reasonably developed brain.*

I read 'Digital Minimalismā€™by Cal Newport over the past few days, its an eye opener.

Iā€™d worry about the hours that these apps will rob from kids. No development of imagination, no boredomā€¦ The ability to focus on a task being eroded away. There are neural pathways being layed down in a kids brain as they develop, rolling back these pathways in later life is pretty damn hard by all accounts.

*debatable

6 Likes

Oh my word.

1 Like

Hows it any different to beadles about or any of that other nonsense

Beadles about?:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:For years auld wans have been giving out to kids,turn down that radio or youll go deaf,your watching too much tv youll go blind,get off that computer youll go crosseyed.And these days its phones.

Whats the cliff notes?

More realistic approach than those who try to unplug completelyā€¦ Be specific about what you want from your smartphoneā€¦ Delete the rest. Use the laptop for social media and schedule blocks of time. Nothing groundbreaking.

2 Likes

@KinvarasPassion refuses to let his limousine cattle onto the iPad anymore

3 Likes

No harm it kept frieisen after

1 Like

I donā€™t think you can blame him after he had a cow who took vile abuse on social media and slit its hooves as a result.

1 Like

Some people say she milked it but I think her beef was justified

2 Likes

Oofffyttt!

Extended drinking is wrong.

I had reached peak alcohol and donā€™t want to see another pint, short or wine glass. Too much of a good thing for the past month.

Then we received a phonecall this morning to inform us of a suicide in Cork last night of someone we know. I had experienced a suicide in my wider family at the very the same time last year which has a lot of similarities. That reminds you to properly appreciate the simple things.

It is easy make a few worthwhile New /Years resolutions now

18 Likes

Agree 100%. I havenā€™t touched a drop in two days. At the same time thereā€™s more alcohol in the house to open a pub.

Sorry to hear that, pal.

Sorry to hear that.

A few forum lickspittles like Horsebox will be along to make little of it and tell us they are entitled to a few pints.

Sorry to hear that. Very tough time of the year for a lot of people.

Should we have some kind of awards nominations and announcement ceremony for staying off the drink for two days?

3 Likes