Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

The average Irish young person isnā€™t going into unskilled labour so thatā€™s the wrong term to use I think. ā‚¬15 an hour at say 40 hours a week is probably ā‚¬550 at least take home a week for a college student for a summer job which I think a lot would bite your hand off for

I strongly doubt Keelings are paying near ā‚¬15 an hour

3 Likes

Good to see we now have fruit picking experts on here too.

3 Likes

Why does it have to be a random subset.

Obviously someone from privilege wonā€™t

But there does exist a category of Irish person who would pick strawberries for 15 euro an hour. Absolutely.

Word has reached me that a number of community groups from darndale and coolock want to fill future roles in Keelings

5 Likes

Greeneā€™s in Wexford would offer a similar setup to Keelingā€™s except their strawberries are much nicer. As far as Iā€™m aware, both would pay a decent wage on paper but then make allowances for accommodation and food out of that meaning the take home pay is moderate enough but most of the workers have no need to spend a cent of it while theyā€™re here.

Itā€™s all above board and legit. The lads will probably take home the guts of a years salary in their home country for a summers work.

@Mac in.pro exploitation shocker

2 Likes

Good, Keelings will be hiring again soon, canā€™t wait to see them applying

They are applying. They want to link up with keelings as part of a ce scheme

1 Like

Wexford strawberry propaganda

4 Likes

Itā€™s nearer e6@hour

My impression of this debacle is that Keeling are paying according to the quantities picked. Theyā€™d hardly be coughing ā‚¬12-14 per hour and a few indolent wasters sleeping off hangovers lying in the drills/tunnels.
Havenā€™t some of you guys not gotten the memoā€¦ Paddy Ć³g donā€™t want to be picking strawberries/ mushrooms or any physical hardships. Heā€™s busier with alternative projects :wink: :wink: or else composing songs in an attempt to replicate Bono.

1 Like

Fair play to Leo

Unashamed

3 Likes

I think you need to look up the definition of exploitation

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy getting the wrong end of the stick again

Strawberries picked in Ireland in April couldnā€™t be good. Theyā€™re also grown within a mile of airport. Pure shite barren Fingal land.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just leave this here for @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and his motley crew

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/keelings-fruit-pickers-dublin-bulgaria-21884878

Iā€™m going to boycott keelings after all these revelations and get my strawberries from abroad. Hopefully the Moroccans in Spain get better treatment

2 Likes

Paddy og wouldnā€™t work to warm himself, he;s getting so much free off the state he canā€™t even spend it

2 Likes