Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

I heard mcgregor weighed in on this controversy too. Heā€™s a certainly to be lining himself up for a crack at politics as an irish trump.

Crack alright, just not that type of crack.

Himself and Sinead Oā€™Connor arguing over which one of them is a bigger racist

1 Like

The agricultural one trick ponies from Wexford thinking they have some moral high ground here because their cheap foreign workers get smuggled in by the Verona Murphy crew.

3 Likes

The maddest argument Iā€™ve heard in this whole period is ā€˜did you want a load of strawberries to rot?ā€™
Well yes the country is about to enter an unprecedented economic depression hundreds of thousands of people are losing their jobs, businesses are going to the wall, adult and child mental health problems have gone through the roof and domestic violence has spiralled. We could have definitely done without the strawberries. :man_shrugging:

Give us a list of essentials there

I donā€™t get ya? I dont think berries make the top 100 essentials. Would you think theyā€™d rank fairly highly? I would have imagined if thereā€™s no one to pick them they are let rot given the amount of talk there is worldwide about restricting movemet between countries

1 Like

Fruit is an essential food mate. Whatā€™s more essential than food?

Given all the misery youā€™re painting, surely a nice sweet strawberry is just the elixir needed to lift spirits? We may not be able to enjoy Summer this year but we can at least get to taste it.

This message was brought to you by the Irish-Bulgarian Picker Lobby Group.

7 Likes

Strawberries have a multitude of polyphenols and antioxidants that are believed to reduce the risk of heart disease, strokes and cancer. They probably save more lives than COVID-19 could ever take.

Could we have survived without strawberries for a few monthsā€¦of course. Would you like to have seen Keelings under serious financial pressure and the risk that goes with that . A 100 year old company employing a few thousand people?

Thats the kind of thing that happens to low margin businesses when they lose a summer of trading. And all their customers i.e. the supermarkets wouldnt have gone without strawberries they would have just brought another foreign supplier into the supply chain

1 Like

Any facts to supply on these out of interest?

Brendan on facebook

5 Likes

I dont think this @Arthur (if that is his real name) has gotten the hang of this place yet.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a case of trying to keep the whole food chain up and running. Loose one section like fresh fruit and it puts a whole pile of pressure on say vegetables. Next thing thereā€™s a big run on toilet paper* again.

• Iā€™m not for one minute suggesting that people were eating toilet paper a few weeks ago.
2 Likes

Here whatā€™s the story with these cunts lighting gorse fires up the wicklow mountains? Have we not enough to be dealing with?

Some ppl just carry on M with the usual shite

1 Like

Paddy og is happy picking mushrooms

Youā€™re definitely a glass half empty chap.