Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

Woman and two kids found dead in house in Ballinteer

Tragic circumstances again. God bless them.

There have been a few of days that last couple of weeks, the father and sons in Cork, the nurse and her baby in Dublin and now this one. Is this affects of lockdown?

Itā€™s hard to know. I read more people died of suicide in last month in UK from suicide than from Covid.

Itā€™s certainly seems to be an ever increasing tragedy in these times. Blaming lockdown is probably too simplistic but I imagine people are really struggling now and perhaps not getting access to help they need.

Ballinteer deaths may not be suicide/murder. Perhaps another party - reports there may be.

1 Like

I think this kind of thing always happened but lockdown cant help. It does seem to be more prevalent though. People are not getting mental health supports. Talking to supports over zoom isnā€™t the same but in this instance its too early to tell what circumstances were. There is a worrying trend here alright. I cannot understand how someone could end the life of their children. There have been 2 nurses who worked in Crumlin in the last 9 months who have both killed themselves and their children. My wife worked there and was miserable and had to leave for the sake of her own mental health and we wanted to move out of Dublin altogether anyway but families cannot function long term in their own bubbles. You need the grandparents, aunts, uncles, godfathers, godmothers every once in a while.

4 Likes

It would be very rash to say fit was because of the lockdown, it may have a factor as the straw that broke the camels back for people at their wits end imho. Terribly sad.

This is what always gets me. Taking your own life is difficult to comprehend but doing it to your kids is unfathomable. Awful tragic story.

For folks lucky enough not suffer depression it is hard to understand. I find it hard to understand how anyone can take their life but then again thankfully I have never been like that never mind ending the life of their kids.

It is hard to understand from my viewpoint as I have not suffered depression or any related condition to the best of my knowledge (well, apart from congenital laziness).

Brought home to me late last night when an ambulance, fire brigade and squad car turned up 3 doors away for a neighbour in his 60s who drank a few bottles and then took a bottle of pills.
They got him in time.

1 Like

I have had 2 people i knew die by suicide and I still canā€™t get my head around it. One was a next door neighbour I remember meeting him as he was heading into his parents house and we were chatting and he seemed grand not a problem. His parents came home from a few days away and found him 2 days later. Still to this day I still think about it.

Fucking stupid cunt, Iā€™ve no sympathy for someone who take the life of an innocent child, grand fire away and fuck off for yourself but leave your kids aloneā€¦
My best mate many years ago killed himself when he was 14, 14 ffs. We didnā€™t even know what suicide was at the time(early 90s) so I know what itā€™s like to lose someone from it even if to this day we donā€™t know why

5 Likes

Youā€™re dead right faldo. But it happens. And all too often so itā€™s definitely a thing. I canā€™t imagine what goes through a personā€™s head when that course of action seems like the only choice but itā€™s definitely a sickness rather than badness I think. Letā€™s just hope none of us ever get near that level of mental illness.

2 Likes

Had this been mentioned on here?

it was mentioned at the time, but facts were in short supply at the time. the mail went into full gory detail but im not going to post the story

Yeah, I think thatā€™s wise

1 Like

He just surrendered at Dundrum garda station

Is he a suspect?

I am told he is.

1 Like