Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

That’s a belter of a name for a murderer

2 Likes

I was thinking that myself

He’ll find out pretty quickly.

Only if he’s making hay…

1 Like

There was 2 fellas murdered on a farm in Fermanagh in 1972. Just doing a day’s work. Looked at first as if somebody had used a pitchfork on them.

Turned out it was British soldiers and they’d used knives on them.

"In 1972 two Irish men, 31-year-old Michael Naan and 23-year-old Andrew Murray, had been found murdered at isolated farm buildings in County Fermanagh. Murray had been stabbed 13 times and Naan 19 times through the heart and chest. Michael Naan had been a prominent member of the Civil Rights Association and had taken part in a number of protest marches. The pathologist said Naan�s wounds were �consistent with an attack by someone who had gone berserk�. A sectarian motive was attributed to the killings and loyalists were suspected of carrying out the crime - that became known as the �pitchfork murders�, after the supposed murder weapon.

Later in the 1970s Britain was horrified by a series of brutal murders of young women, many picked up from �red light� areas in northern cities. Reading about the latest �Yorkshire Ripper� murder in 1978 had a profound affect on a Scottish ex-soldier.

The lurid accounts of the multiple stabbings of the latest victim had evoked memories of a night, six years before, when he had been a member of an army patrol in County Fermanagh.

The veteran knew who had really carried out those killings of Naan and Murray in 1972 and the similarity between those and the Yorkshire Ripper murders began to prey on his mind. Convinced that the killings must have been carried out by the same people, he went to the police and gave them full details of those killings in Ireland.

In reality there was no link between the two crimes. But the police were under intense public pressure to catch the �Ripper�, so began to investigate the ex-soldier�s allegations.

In 1980, two former compatriots of the ex-soldier, a staff-sergeant and a sergeant, were tried and jailed for life for the murder of the two farm workers. When the staff-sergeant confessed to the police he broke down in tears and said: �I did it. I did the killings. I killed them and they just wouldn�t stop screaming. Oh my god - I have been having bloody nightmares about it�.

Other members of the patrol, including the officer in charge, received lesser sentences for aiding and abetting or withholding information. It come out during the trial that the murder weapon was not a pitchfork as first thought, but the stabbings were in fact carried out with a bowie knife which one of the soldiers possessed. It subsequently emerged that many of the troops in Ireland carried �personal weapons�, to which those in authority turned a blind eye"

https://www.sceala.com/phpBB2/irish-forums-25857.html

2 Likes

Some fucking eejit from Westmeath on newstalk here now saying that when they got married five years ago he agreed to take the wife’s name.

12 Likes

I’ve heard of a few fellas who’ve done that, and one or two who have gone with the double-barrelled option as well. Their take was that if the wife was going double-barrelled, sure the whole family should.

Double barrelled is some pile of wank

7 Likes

I’d agree. What if their kids grow up and end up marrying another double-barreller and you’ve then got kids with quadruple-barrelled surnames.

Edit: insert joke about if they’re from Tipp and are cousins already, you’ll have the Ryan-Mahers marrying the Maher-Ryans.

10 Likes

The height of pretentiousness

2 Likes

a key inidicator of being a cunt

4 Likes

In tanland, it used be thick middle class folk had double barrel second names. Now it’s scrotes.

2 Likes

I wonder is it @Sad?

An unseemly development in GAA matchday teamsheets in recent years.

Seems to be worse down south from what I can tell.

There was actually a girl from the locality who began to adopt her mother’s surname in her late 20s (along with her fathers). She got married a few weeks back so I’m unsure as to how that is working out for her now.

She was an absolute wagon too.

Tom Stuart Trainor of Westmeath really set the ball in motion on this.

Andrew La Touche Cosgrave

1 Like

That was the nadir. He never stood a chance.

1 Like

A woman I only know of in passing down here has a double name first name and had a double name surname growing up. And when she got married she kept her maiden name, so she now has a 2 first names and 3 surnames in her title.

2 Likes

What a needy prick if he did