Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

I thought we were speaking very hypothetically. So Iā€™m not giving advice as search case is unique. In the story in the papers itā€™s hard to believe that it went on every day, if the school was taking a soft approach then moving would be the best option I suppose, fresh start. Thereā€™s obviously more that hasnā€™t been reported, or maybe I didnā€™t read it closely enough.
I originally got nvolved just to say that beating the shit out of the bully would help exactly nobody in reality, nice and all as it is to envisage

Shocking stuff.

The seeds are sown at a young age in most cases from what I seeā€¦ In both bullies and victims so its important to nip things in the bud early.

As a parent Iā€™d like to see a kid try and sort out issues themselves and built a bit of resilience but intervention in the background can be needed too when things get out of hand.

How do you make kids resilient lads?

1 Like

Put a padlock on the fridge and a week on the bog. Theyā€™ll be snaring and cooking rabbits on the turfbank by day 3. Oh! snipping the Wi-Fi is another suggestion.

2 Likes

Start off slow by sending them up the fields with a roll of barbed wire and a few fence posts.

3 Likes

You could hand a kid in his class a 10er a week to bully him and see how it works out.

No idea mate but my uncle told me at a young age if anyone was annoying me to wait until hurling training and then pull good and hard, half a foot above the ball. Itā€™s never served me wrong.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know that, thereā€™s not a huge pile can be done by schools in that regard.
From an early age now we give our kids too much, mammy and daddy take care of everything, but I wonder if we spend enough quality time with them, particularly outdoors. I digress.

Kids from a ā€˜deprivedā€™ background, what we on TFK would consider deprived, with smarts are well served in this regard, mental toughness is hard taught

2 Likes

Nail on head.

I have mentioned it before but I know a teacher in one of the primary schools in Darndale who often regales me with stories of the school and area. One thing he tells me is that there is literally no bullying in the school despite having some complete misfits and basket cases who would no doubt he picked on relentlessly if they were in more middle class areas.

The kids it appears even at their young age in that area all realise that they have enough shit to be dealing without outside of school and that it is very much a safe space for them.

15 Likes

Are they not better off spending time on their own outdoors? I have a vague recollection of being 5 or 6 years old and dawn to dusk down the fields or away somewhere. Doubt that happens now.

1 Like

avenues should exist to target the parents legally for the crimes of their children. They are ultimately responsible. They had to have known about this and the negligence is criminal, as well as what happened.

You can be sure if the parents were getting fined and summonsed that more of an effort would be put in to stop it

1 Like

Thereā€™s no guarantee at all that a parent knows half of what their kid does, particularly in school.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t say there was.

Bully them

you did mate. You literally said it above.

3 Likes

Get Bressie or Roryā€™s Stories in for a talk for a 4 figure sum

16 Likes

in this case, yes. Iā€™d say with almost certainly that they knew about it, even if they knew ā€œhalfā€ of it, if they were made accountable then it would act as a deterrent and make them actually parent their child if they were legally responsible for their childrens actions, including vandalism, burglary, bullying to suicide etc.

You make them resilient by constant love and having their back always but making them understand at an early age itā€™s ok to lose,thereā€™s better on the way,
From one who knows and failed miserably , if u think something isnā€™t quite ok bloody investigate, and get into the school ASAP if youā€™re unsure, vv majority of teachers do listen are observant and will act

3 Likes

All made up I suppose.

2 Likes

This thing with the scumbag in Eyre Square, hitting the poor girl with the firework, life altering injuries. Just awful stuff.

2 Likes