Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

doctrine of proportionality*

• i personally think its a ball of shite, and each crime has a victim and the perp should be sentenced for each crime.

see the windgap murders for why proportionality is a ball of shit

2 Likes

Ask Mick Galwey.

He would know alright what an error of judgment it is. But I don’t think he could answer the question I posed

I saw there was a podcast on that case released last month.

Its absolutely shocking that the prick, raped and killed the mother, then set fire to the house and killed 2 children was eligible for parole, and applied for it, after 7 years. And he has served his 12 years now so looks likely to get out. 12 years for killing a mother and 2 children in the horrific manner he did is an absolute disgrace.

6 Likes

You’d hope it was just being highlighted rather than getting a reference from a club but you don’t know who may have provided any reference either and on whose behalf.

You’d literally be fit to murder

I worked with this one before who came first in Ireland in her Chartered Accountancy exams, who came across perfectly normal and who visited the perpetrator of those Windgap murders in jail. I’m not sure why I added in the bit about her coming first in her exams but anyway… She told another girl in the office that the partner who got killed and mother of the children had loose morals and she drove him to it. Ireland can be a strange place and while you would normally come to expect widespread condemnation of acts like these sometimes you would be met with a certain ambivalence or victim blaming.

2 Likes

Because she was a teacher I guess.

1 Like

Some smart people can be incredibly dumb.

2 Likes

I’d have thought that was obvious but the lads here don’t want to hear it, giving out about a minutes silence, giving out about the Taoiseach going to the funeral, the Mayor of Galway travelled to Switzerland for Manuela’s funeral, he was accompanied by the Ambassador.

I assume that if she had been a bus driver then their union would have organised something, if she worked in Super Valu they’d have gone something.

Jesus you’d nearly feel sorry for lads who live their live with that type of cynicism in their heads/hearts :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

She was hardly one of them Burke’s from Mayo?

1 Like

They’re not too far apart I’d say.Was she in the god squad @johnnysachs ?

Exactly. That’s why I asked pal

There’s lads longer in college.

3 Likes

You really are the most sanctimonious tit on here.

3 Likes

One minute silence in schools for a schoolteacher that was murdered is pandering to the mob according to you.
One minute, completely optional, just a suggestion.
I can’t get my head around that, call me sanctimonious if you want.

2 Likes

I just did mate.

Saint Bananabread.

A couple of lads very wound up this early in the morning.

Did they mess up their wordle?

1 Like

To be fair one minutes silence in schools for a colleague killed in such tragic circumstances seems an entirely reasonable response.

14 Likes