Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

Of course it is ffs. And similar would have been done long before ‘wokeness’ and social media. The good thing about this place is you can throw out any type of aul cynical thought that’s in your head to test the water. Youll usually find someone to agree with you but it still doesn’t mean you’re not talking complete shite.

7 Likes

Because he defended the holding of a minutes silence?

1 Like

I could counterargue, but I don’t feel particularly strongly about it.
In any case, it’s an unwinnable argument either way.
Fwiw, when I made my original point, I didn’t realize she was a teacher. I was more reflecting upon the fact that other heinous murders go almost unnoticed, and the victims go silently into the night.

1 Like

Do you think that calling him a sanctimonious tit might have been a bit over the top, and completely wrong, given the context?

2 Likes

I guess there was a breakdown there so,

Everybody in Ireland would have been aware that she was a teacher, it’s how she has been referred to all along, rightly or wrongly ‘Teacher Ashling Murphy’

Rubby player Shane Geoghegan.

Lads from housing estates don’t get prefixes.

they do: its “known to gardai”

5 Likes

And in the UK it’s “promising footballer”.

The fact that a petition is needed for this is an absolute joke. We have seen so many tragedies at sea in this area over the years. I personally know more than 20 people who have drowned in this area in my lifetime. Mainly fishing boat accidents. Would regularly see the helicopter out as we’d be on its flight path when it leaves Tramore for most of their routes. The R117 has prevented many more deaths. To decommission one of the biggest safety resources is beyond a joke.

1 Like

Shane lived on a housing estate in ballybrown growing up. He was shot dead in a housing estate.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Ffs

1 Like

No, that’s been brewing for ages

As you were mate.

1 Like

Yeah but they were “nice” housing estates,not @Thomas_Brady type estates.

1 Like

Every murder victim seems to have something attributed to them in reporting as a prefix

‘Mother of two’, ‘student’ , ‘car mechanic’

‘Talented soccer player Josh Dunne’
That’s just the way it is.

Perhaps somebody with experience of journalism can explain?

It’s probably to make you feel a connection with the person so you care more. You’d learn that in any decent writing class.

You’ll regret that

1 Like

What’s that Spidey, lover of Gaa and father of children?

4 Likes

Would you prefer to be known as;

Vending machine supplier Juhniallio, or
Berlingo Driver Juhniallio

3 Likes

Big Gaeilge Shill, Juhniallo

1 Like