Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

There was something in the Wexford town paper this week about a video circulating online of an 11 year old girl getting kicked and her head stomped in the car park for Whites hotel. Wrong at any age, but to hear of a child that age getting beaten up is crazy.

2 Likes

Men have penises, women have vaginas, here ends my biology lesson. That doesnā€™t mean, by the way, there arenā€™t people who transition to other genders because they experience gender dysphoria and we should acknowledge that and conduct the debate in a way that respects those peopleā€™s rights and dignity.ā€

Itā€™s the last frontier for you on TFK. The only remaining rebrand. @tamarabrady

1 Like

A Tory MP announced this week (the day after Johnson making a trans ā€˜jokeā€™) that they have gender dysphoria and want to be trans. Seems a bit much that they would have to prove themselves by undergoing treatment that may not be possible for them for a number of reasons before they can be considered a woman.

Canā€™t they continue to use the mens changing room so?
You want a man who looks like a man and has done absolutely nothing but proclaim that he wants to be a woman to use the ladies room??

a hell of a lot more to that the story than just that. the MP themself is not what one could call a reliable witness, even by tory standards

1 Like

Some do. It doesnā€™t sit right with me, but Iā€™d go with whatever the majority of biological women want. Itā€™s their business more than mine, unless my lass was affected in some way.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a high bar.

There sure is, and itā€™s best not to muddy the waters further by going into that here.

agreed. my final word on it is that his/her coming out as trans seems as well judged as kevin spaceys coming out

Itā€™s a very difficult issue of course. Asking someone to prove themselves by undergoing treatment that may not even be an option for them, or telling them they look too much like a woman to use menā€™s facilities or too much like a man to use womenā€™s facilities, doesnā€™t seem to be the answer to me though.

No trap.

It just highlights how complicated the issue is.

Thereā€™s the contradiction of everyone should be happy or have the right to identify as they want versus weā€™re not comfortable sharing changing rooms or playing sport with you etc. etc.

Completely redrawing the definition of femininity and what constitute a woman and encroaching on female spaces / spheres to appease a small minority, in what is a very complex issue, to me doesnā€™t feel right. You can see why many women take umbrage with these issues.

Itā€™s great that you claim to be open to lads rocking up in a dress to female changing rooms, but I find it hard to fully believe you.

Personally, Iā€™ve stated many times Iā€™m fully supportive of anyoneā€™s desire to identify as they wish. Iā€™m not fully supportive of their rights to fully avail and blend into society as any woman can. Iā€™ll admit some of this is no doubt guided by ignorance, as Iā€™ve no experience of trans people. Itā€™s no doubt also guided by some subconscious prejudices, I think we all carry those but try to traverse them consciously. But really, and mostly, itā€™s the complexity of the issueā€¦ Can we truly define at what point we class someone a woman? I canā€™t see how anyone that has gone through male puberty can fairly compete with womenā€¦and why you (we) as a man can say fire ahead there into the ladyā€™s changing room, will women be as open to it?

Segregation, while horrible for the individual(s), is probably the fairest way. I suppose we have to accept B before we move to Cā€¦ but weā€™re still for the most part at point A

I also find the attack on language to be ridiculousā€¦ People who menstruate ā€¦ I mean, come on ffs.

3 Likes

I agree with a lot of that.
I do take exception to the one about rocking up in a dress, I felt I was very clear and that an attempt to look like a woman was just one of the criteria I would expect for somebody to be coextensive admittance to Female changing areas etc
For me the transition cannot be just superficial,

1 Like

Ok hun xoxox

Anyone?

1 Like

Presumably the bands for possible punishment are set out in legislation and the judge selects the sentence accordingly. Might be a good deterrent to others?

This whole area is possibly the most contentious issue of our time. Here is my take on it.

I would be very pro peopleā€™s rights and people being or doing what they wish to do, whatever that is within the confines of the law. I believe that there are people who are trans ā€˜at heartā€™ and if they wish to transition as a consulting adult then such an action should be welcomed.

One thing that really worries me though are young teenagers transitioning. This seems to be related to this generation, and its hard not to looking toward the smartphone and social media as an influence on this. Iā€™m not dismissing their wishes but I firmly believe that such transitioning action can only occur for adults for the simple reason that a 13 year oldā€™s brain is not fully developed. Also I would safely say that mental health and self esteem issues lie at the heart of many of the cases.

The sporting issue is a tricky one. Is it fair to ban an individual from a sport because she has carried out her free will? Is it fair on existing females for a trans person to enter their sport with their natural advantages? Are there really that many natural advantages and is it such an issue in all cases so as to ban all trans people? Should trans people just accept the ban by virtue of their natural advantage?

Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body? I donā€™t know.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Fuck thatā€™s hard to see.

Animals need locking up.

5 Likes