Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 2)

Same thing happened out my way before Christmas.

Out walking brady here and just realised Iā€™ve the remote in my shorts pocketā€¦ I had to take it off the young lad earlier as he was battering it off the wallā€¦

The car tax payment scheme whereby if you decide to pay every 3 months or six months it is approx. 12% more. If this was challenged in court, I reckon the government would lose. This is a tax after all and if they want to allow people to pay partial amounts then it should be the full amount divided by 2 or 4. The RTE licence fee can be paid monthly and they take out exactly 13.33ā‚¬/month = 160ā‚¬, why not the same for the car tax,

17 Likes

The fucking car. Starting beeping for the brakes on saturday. Nearly rolled away when i parked it at the kids futsal tournament on saturday. Met the mechanic on the side of the pitch on sunday and booked it in. Then coming back on the school run this morning on the way to the mechanic hit some debris from the storm and heard the bang. Flat as a fucking pancake in 20secondsā€¦ Big days work to be done too

1 Like

Was posting this incident online at the top of todays to-do list?

Careful with dodgy brakes. :eek:

No.but this has stymied the fuck out of my day. In further news. Some cunt has robbed the spare tyre from under the car.

Are you sure there was one there to begin with? A lot of cars donā€™t have spare wheels now, you know.

1 Like

95 % sure. It has a jack for a wheel in the car and the mechanic reckons it had one.

Did you buy the car second hand?

Yes. Off a lad i knowā€¦

Ask him for the spare wheel

3 Likes

Donā€™t you mean Berlingo?

A spare tyre under the car?

Thatā€™s a strange place for it.

Thatā€™s where they used to be kept years ago.

1 Like

Woulda been common enough one upon a time. I remember our Renault having it. Youā€™d spin it down from the boot if memory served me correctly, or was it from underneath? Thats a hazy. But I remember the lift and how it came down distinctly.

1 Like

I think the French brands were divils for it

Sage advice right here.

No. The family wagon. Everyone should have a diesel seven seater at the ready.

1 Like

Yeah, I had it under the car in the Renault 18. Youā€™d spin it down from the boot as you say.

3 Likes

Fellas (plenty of them) mugging pints in the Padraig Pearse pub on Pearse St at 8 o clock in the morning this morning.

2 Likes