Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 2)

One who was away working id imagine.

They are as bad a tile as Iā€™ve ever seen. If the tiler was in his right mind he would have asked were you sure these are the right tiles before he started work.

8 Likes

Well Iā€™d agree with that. ā€œI thought they were a bit boldā€ was what he said, when in fact heā€™d been consulted on the colour beforehand.

Everything needs to be checked twice when this is going on.Its going to be a total pain in the balls for the builder now.The tiler is no doubt booked out solid so it could be ages waiting for him to come back,the tiles will also be a cunt to take up with the new type adhesive unlike years ago when theyā€™d just pop up.

My pal had one light moment when he showed his mother, who has Alzheimerā€™s disease unfortunately.
ā€œGood Godā€ she said ā€œtheyā€™re awfulā€

21 Likes

The tiler is back at it straight away fortunately.

I wonder did your pals beloved tile company offload them on purpose as there is no way anyone else was ever going to buy them. They look like they have been languishing at the back of a warehouse since the 70s.

4 Likes

The tiler is there to put them down not to give his opinion on what theyā€™re like.This is why people are always complaining that chippys/block layers/plumbers/tilers never show up on time.Its because the crowd they are currently with are making basic mistakes and expect you to hang around waiting on them to make up theyā€™re minds with no thought given to his next job where Mary is waiting for him to show up.

2 Likes

The builder will be sending them an invoice to cover the cost of the tiler for his extra time

150m of a large (60x60?) porcelain floor tile
Labour costs must be north of 5 grand?

They are rotten in fairness

Itā€™s very unlikely that heā€™ll walk off your job in my opinion, itā€™s a dream job

Some poor granny in oughterard who needs her shower cubicle or kitchen splashback tiled will be waiting till December now :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

Well he should take a photo and send it in to customer asking to confirm if correct? People only build houses once, these boys lay tiles every day. They know the issues. I was putting in a shower in a long narrow space. The electrician wired it up on the long wall rather than to the top of the narrow wall and they chanced their arm saying shure itā€™ll be grand. They also put the sink in a spot where the door would be hitting it. They said a door stopper would do the job. Basic stuff you donā€™t think youā€™d have to explain to them.

1 Like

They are the worst tile Iā€™ve ever seen

5 Likes

Edit, itā€™s 40 sq m.
My pals bad.

They look like theyā€™ve been stolen from the floor of the canteen of a 1970s warehouse on an industrial estate in Tallaght.

ā€œWeā€™re out of milk.ā€

2 Likes

I saw a lad doing a smashing stone wall earlier. Iā€™m years putting off getting my wall done, but I really liked this one and pulled over to talk to the stone mason who was ploughing through it on his own. Halfway through talking to him I realised it was the same guy Iā€™d asked twice previously to price it (you probably know him, the Slovak, but he cut the dreadlocks). He realised the same when I gave him directions to house and said ā€œAh you are the guy I never call to, maybe we get it done this lifetimeā€.

20 Likes

If they look this bad to lads, imagine how bad theyā€™re going to look to flattys mates missus :smiley:

2 Likes

A self mugging off if there was ever one

1 Like

I canā€™t believe itā€™s not the entrance to the jacks at the side of Kilmartinā€™s petrol station off the M6 at Athlone. Cold, damp, no soap, no running water, mould on the ceiling, piss on the floor, these tiles evoke all of that and so much more.

4 Likes