Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

Tis fine and well for these doctors to be saying there’s no trauma, but there’s other less-quantifiable trauma I’m better placed to recognise

Relax guys. The defendant was a rugby club.

3 Likes

This case was a settlement not an award.

1 Like

Mr O’Grady said the defendants had entered into correspondence with the family’s solicitor, who told them that they would incur further serious costs arising out of inspections and the provision of CCTV footage after they denied liability. An offer of €20,000 was made after a settlement meeting.

Reads more like a shakedown

1 Like

What’s wrong with that?

Fuck sake

1 Like

I know, the poor child. Hopefully that money helps them through all the mental anguish and trauma.

1 Like

Keith O’Grady, counsel for Jude Johnson-Rice, now aged five, told the Circuit Civil Court that in December 2014 the boy was with his mother, Jill, at Terenure College Rugby Football Club when he witnessed the aftermath of his mum’s accidental walking into the clear glass pane that had not been marked with any indications or warnings.

Have to put signs on glass panes now saying its a glass pane :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to yesterday. We have concluded already that this should be in the things that are right thread because the defendant is a rugby football club.

2 Likes

FFS worlds gone mad

1 Like

Mate, this is most unlike you. Are you feeling ok?

Yankee culture of litigation alive and well in the dear old emerald Isle

Thought it was standard practice to put some tape on a glass pane to stop people walking into it

https://youtu.be/MNmBOm_VmHg

2 Likes
  • The RTE website. Content is shit and it’s annoying to navigate. A really crap site.
  • Ireland spending such a small % of GNI on foreign aid. Pitiful.
  • Ear infections.
3 Likes

They’re inreasing it to whatever the target percentage the UN or some crowd like that set over the next couple of years. Huge increase anyway.

A Brazilian lads nose is broken in the UFC before winning streak has been on.

I heard that young lad who was killed in Carlow is a son of the man who was jailed for animal cruelty on Friday.