GAA betting 2024

Shane O’Donnell 20/1 for Hurler Of The Year. He’ll be hard bet.

1 Like

Declan Hannon says hello

Million to one unless Clare it out

He’s been blackguarded for years. It would be an insult to him to give it to him now and he barely fit to hurl

Waterford 5/6 Saturday, surely free money…

Clare u20s -5 today v Wat at home.

2 Likes

They’ll beat themselves?

V Waterford

You could have been more ambitious

They only offer one line at that age group I think.

1 Like

I hopped on that myself.

1 Like

Is Clare +13 not a bit big considering they’re at home?

2 Likes

Good shout

I see tonight’s u20 game between Tipp & Clare as 50/50. Value to be had on Clare at 9/4 or 5/2 with BS.

2 Likes

There you go. @Raylan did we get on?

3 Likes

Got 9/4 but those useless Shamrock Scroters cunts let my bet down @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Haven’t really got around to doing any bets in this year’s Championship, but will look at tomorrow’s game.

A lot of people here seem to think that Limerick will win comfortably. If you do think that, the handicap being only -4 should probably be lumped on. I could see a big win but, right now, I’m not confident enough to put big money on it. I might see how I’m feeling in the morning.

Total points is over 54.5. Both Cork’s games so far have exceeded that (59 vs WD, 68 vs CE) but both Limerick’s have been under that (45 vs CE, 51 vs TY). I would strongly expect overs. I think Limerick create lots of chances generally and Cork won’t do a whole pile to stop that, but will create lots of chances themselves. Last year, Limerick were similarly involved in low-scoring games (40 vs WD, 53 vs CE & 50 vs TY) until they played Cork and they scored 3-25 and total points were 67. So, yeah, I’d be going overs on the basis that Cork won’t completely roll over like 2022 and will come out fighting.

The player scoring bets are the other ones I tend to have a look at. Darragh Fitzgibbon is at 2.5, you’d expect him to go over that. He got 0-4 against Waterford, 0-2 against Clare. Limerick won’t man mark and there is a potential vulnerability to the raw pace that he is if they can secure ball around half-forward or working out from midfield. If Cork score big, he should get 0-3 at least (got 0-4 last year).

Brian Hayes 1.5. For me, under all day. If he starts, he’s exactly the type of forward Limerick tend to do very well against.

Of the others, nothing stands out as massive value. Kyle over 1.5 possibly because I think he might get a goal, Reidy over 1.5 too, I’d expect him to pick off a couple. I’d love to go for Flanagan 1.5 because I think there’ll be loads of space but not without form.

tl;dr- total points over & Brian Hayes under would be my standouts.

Flanagan looks a huge price for mom at 20s. Cork will double up on gillane.

Gives seamus a lot of room. He tends to go well v cork as well.

1 Like

Imo and it’s just the way my mind works in this case there is no value in siding with Limerick in the handicap.

Even if Limerick are 7 or 8 up it’ll be cork desperately going for goals at the end. At 10/11 or whatever it’s rarely a value bet imo.

I’m not a big handicap punter I like in gaa bets a minimum price of 2/1 but if I was having a handicap bet I’d always go for the team on the Plus.

3 Likes

:eyes:
Unrale

3 Likes