GAA betting 2024

Doctor differ patients die but i think Clare are coming with a monumental effort.

I think there was reasons for their exits the last two years beside the opposition.

Imo if Limerick go to Ennis and win it’ll be as good as any single achievement since kiely took over.

1 Like

Tjey’ve players there have improved some amount over the years like Fitzgerald and Cathal Malone. Malone is now one of the finest distance shooters in the game. Darragh Lohan must be nearly the most improved player in the country.

Ah here… @peddlerscross and @binkybarnes ? Football experts?!

1 Like

Steady now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Fitzgerald always had the potential but is only showing it the last 2/3 years.

Malone is maximising his talents, his natural size helps as he can be a puckout option at times. Definitely not one of the best distance shooters but he does know his limitations and scores regularly from 45-65 off his right.

Lohan is only a young lad, he’s an aggressive sort but he got away with raping TJ in Ennis and he probably still only broke even against Willie Connors so I wouldn’t be saying he’s the finished article just yet. Will improve even more and has great versatility.

1 Like

KK were very good v Limerick.

Clare were good against a terrible Tipp team.

Advantage KK all day long

Tell us the one about the ref robbing Derry again? It’s been at least 3 days.

4 Likes

Clare do show that with coaching & a bit of patience, you can get more out of players.

I don’t know about the shooting part of it but Malone is a serious player. Tbf, even in 2018 under Moloney & O’Connor, he was up there as Clare’s best player. But Fitzgerald would have been seen as a bit windy, was moved between positions, never nailed a spot down. Ryan Taylor was seen as talented, obviously had unbelievable pace but even in 2020, they didn’t really know how to make best use of that.

Mark Rodgers is developing nicely despite the fact that I don’t think they do a whole pile to get the best out of their inside line. It’s the one noticeable failing of Lohan’s setup, I would say. Maybe their players there aren’t as strong as elsewhere but they don’t exactly deliver good ball in most of the time.

O’Donnell has kicked on another level in the past few years, McInerney has returned to his best, Hogan is coming along fairly well.

2 Likes

I see Paddy Power and Boyles have the markets up for the McDonagh, Ring, Rackard, Meagher now

Few outrights I’ll be doing:

Roscommon 9/1 for Rackard (Boyles) - 8/1 on PP
Derry 5/1 for Ring (PP) - 100/30 on Boyles
Fermanagh 5/2 for Meagher (PP) - 6/4 on Boyles

The price differences are gas and always worth pricing for these lower level competitions

Kildare must be short odds for the Christy Ring? They’ll walk it

1 Like

It would take three days just to list the injustices, the motives, the political ramifications and the harms done. And youd only be getting started.

1 Like

Just reaffirms that Spoyle Sports nearly always offer the shortest price.

1 Like

Can’t stand Spoils either even though they were offering 150/1 on Barry Nash as HOTY before KK game. They cut him to 25s after the game probably due to my fiver ew.

3 Likes

I’d 1 point EW on Jake Morris at 80/1 and 3 or 4 of my pals got it on before they eventually went to 40/1.

It’s 25/1 now. Pity Tipp are brutal.

1 Like

He’ll have to be every bit of DJ Carey to drive them to silverware this year.

The way I look at it Tipp won’t go anywhere unless he averages 5/6 points per game at which point he should go close to an all star. At 80/1 it was great value, 25/1 is about right.

1 Like

What price is Ciaran Joyce?

1 Like

It looks to be a good era for young defenders- Lohan, Hogan with Clare, Fergal O’Conner with Limerick but Joyce is the fucking nuts. Its a pity Cork can’t clone him.

1 Like

He is Cork’s best player by a country mile. If they get to the final, he will have many man of the match performances.

Hurler of the year will come from the finalists.

1 Like

Yeah he is just class. Class hurler, can hold the centre but sticky as fuck as well. He was smaller than I thought when I saw him live but that works to his advantage. They probably have it right playing him at 6.

1 Like