GAA Congress 2020 - Larry boy is Boss now

Be some day to see him hand Sam to Jarly Og

1 Like

Any man who wants a job that badly shouldn’t get it

2 Likes

This will end badly yet.

Jarlath talke a good game but in reality it’s Tom Ryan and all the boys in Croke park that make the calls.

2 Likes

Once he gets the name of the captain right when presenting, then he’ll be grand.

5 Likes

St. Jarlath will be a superb Uachtarán. He can speak without coming across as a total simpleton, which will be a big upgrade on recent incumbents.

4 Likes

How many of the last number of presidents were not involved in teaching /education ? Christy Cooney and Nicky Brennan are only two I can think of …going back to 90s Jack Boothman the Protestant veterinarian seems the real mould
Breaker …

2 Likes

Anyone that interested in GAA administration is welcome to it. This day has been a long time coming for head boy

1 Like

The likes of Burns and McCarthy would make you really appreciate what we had in Liam and Sean

2 Likes

I can picture it now

2030 - Joe and Jarlath facing off in a run to the Aras

1 Like

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/liam-oneill-says-sky-deal-23389513.amp

Joe will be an incredible uachtaran

I would struggle to name the last 3 GAA presidents. All totally underwhelming and not very memorable

So would the incumbent, even with it written on a piece of paper in front of him.

1 Like

Fergal and Alan make the really big calls.

We haven’t had a proper leader in the Association since Mulvihill vacated office.

3 Likes

Larry “Homer Thompson” McCarthy would be a great name for a GAA Uachtarán.

2 Likes
1 Like

A GAA Club spending 2.5k Sterling on a band is pretty mental stuff but i guess there’s plenty money floating around South Armagh.

Disappointing triumphalism