GAA Congress 2020 - Larry boy is Boss now

St. Jarlath will be a superb Uachtarán. He can speak without coming across as a total simpleton, which will be a big upgrade on recent incumbents.

4 Likes

How many of the last number of presidents were not involved in teaching /education ? Christy Cooney and Nicky Brennan are only two I can think of …going back to 90s Jack Boothman the Protestant veterinarian seems the real mould
Breaker …

2 Likes

Anyone that interested in GAA administration is welcome to it. This day has been a long time coming for head boy

1 Like

The likes of Burns and McCarthy would make you really appreciate what we had in Liam and Sean

2 Likes

I can picture it now

2030 - Joe and Jarlath facing off in a run to the Aras

1 Like

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/liam-oneill-says-sky-deal-23389513.amp

Joe will be an incredible uachtaran

I would struggle to name the last 3 GAA presidents. All totally underwhelming and not very memorable

So would the incumbent, even with it written on a piece of paper in front of him.

1 Like

Fergal and Alan make the really big calls.

We haven’t had a proper leader in the Association since Mulvihill vacated office.

3 Likes

Larry “Homer Thompson” McCarthy would be a great name for a GAA Uachtarán.

2 Likes
1 Like

A GAA Club spending 2.5k Sterling on a band is pretty mental stuff but i guess there’s plenty money floating around South Armagh.

Disappointing triumphalism

That’s a pretty ordinary fee, a wedding band would be more than that I’d say

1 Like

Jeez I’m very naive so.

I thought 1k would be the going rate.

I’m as big a GAA man as anyone but these boys up north seem to treat their club as an extension of their soul.

Identity

Johnny Smacks and the other lad wouldn’t be getting out of bed for 2.5k nowadays

2 Likes