GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Isnt Paudie an hurling coach with the Munster Council or is it Croke Park he’s with? Or am I mixing him up with the other Tipp fella?

I think he is a National development coach.

paudie butler is head of the hurling development committee (or something like that)…is he from around clockjordan…

Drom"N"Inch…its over the far side of Thurles.

i am well aware of the two parishes…would normally come through them as a short cut on the way home from thurles…twould be the near side of thurles to me…

Doherty gets Donegal job but saga rumbles on
Donegal may have a new manager but the rancour in the county shows little sign of abating after alternative candidates Declan Bonner and Charlie Mulgrew indicated they will take their case to the Disputes Resolution Authority.

John Joe Doherty was ratified at a meeting of the county board last night with delegates voting 27-19 in favour of his appointment.

But Bonner and Mulgrew, who effectively withdrew their candidacy last Friday when it emerged the county executive had withheld their names from going forward for ratification, took the opportunity to express their dissatisfaction with the process.

“We’re here to get the same opportunity as John Joe,” said Mulgrew. “He has dragged our names through the mud.”

The pair, who formed a joined managerial ticket, also announced they would seek a hearing with the DRA over the affair.

2008 The Irish Times

[quote=“myboyblue”]Doherty gets Donegal job but saga rumbles on

“We’re here to get the same opportunity as John Joe,” said Mulgrew. “He has dragged our names through the mud.”
[/quote]

Can someone explain this to me, I havent been paying attention, what did JJ do to the two boys?

Carlow CB ratified Luke Dempsey as senior football manager on a two-year term with an option of a third year.

Kevin Walsh has taken up the reins in Sligo. Not sure if he’s much managerial experience but he certainly commands respect and always seemed like a good guy. Has a number of recently retired Sligo players coming in with him so could be a good appointment.

MBB as far as I am aware Doherty initally turned down the job after being offered it. The Donegal CB then proposed Bonner and Mulgrew. Both men turned up at a CB meeting to ratify their appointment but before that vote took place Doherty stood up and pleaded for a chance for an interview. The delegates agreed. The interview took place. Doherty was offered job and was voted in by club delegates. Bonner and Mulgrew are rightly pissed off imo

Ah I see. If my experiences of CB life is anything to go by, its not that simple but cheers.

Looks like Jack O Conner going taking the kerry job again…There can’t be too many more vacancies to be filled…none that spring to mind anyway apart from the galway hurling job…

the south laois tidy towns committee vice chairmen role has not beem filled either im led to believe

You left out the big one Puke - Wexford hurling manager.

Just shows what you know about the tidy towns…position was filled weeks ago…big article on it in the farmers journal…

Its a fairly fucking cut throat election campaign for that one though, you wouldnt know the half of it.

O’Connor back in charge of Kerry

Jack O’Connor has been confirmed as the new manager of the Kerry senior football time, taking charge of the Kingdom for the second time.

O’Connor was handed the reins again by the Kerry County Board, following a meeting and takes over from Pat O’Shea.

O’Connor who cited the need to take a break, when he stepped down after winning the All-Ireland in 2006 seems to have regained an appetite for the Kerry job and it is believed that he was the Kerry executive’s first choice.

However there was no official confirmation of the management team as this will be revealed at a special county committee meeting on Wednesday 3 December.

This is thought to be because of O’Connor’s heavy workload in preparing Kerins O’Rahilly’s for last Sunday’s Munster Club clash with Nemo Rangers and this Sunday’s county final that it just was not possible to hold discussions on the matter.

Eamon O Brien takes over in Meath, because, well, Meath is a local place for local people.

Kilkenny reappointed some Cody fella last night too, dont know much about him, red faced chap, looks mean.

Does he wear a cap? I thought he was going to climb Everest to “find himself”??