GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1028377, member: 273”]This is why this place is full of useless cunts.
You ask a practical question looking for a bit of help or advice and the stupid cunts have nothing.[/QUOTE]
You didn’t know yourself, so surely that makes you one of the stupid cunts you’re talking about?

I have most editions of the Sunday Game from 1991 to 2008 on VHS tape if you need them that badly.

The 1991 final is on YouTube if you’re really in need of a fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1cP-VXUlIM

Couldn’t be any worse than what has gone before him in the last 5/6 years. A lot of club sides had more professional set ups than Wicklow in the last number of years. Squad didn’t do any S&C training until Harry Murphy introduced it. they are light years behind most counties.

I would question could anyone get it out if them. I played there for a year and in my opinion they really don’t have the players or club structure to ever be any sort of threat to anyone of note.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1028377, member: 273”]This is why this place is full of useless cunts.
You ask a practical question looking for a bit of help or advice and the stupid cunts have nothing.[/QUOTE]

No one forcing you to stay, fella.

I see Liam Kearns has come on board with John Evans in Roscommon.

Rewards for the sterling job he did at Fr. Caseys :rolleyes: At least it means we won’t have to look or listen to the ignorant prick this year.

No but I am made to suffer the likes of you if I do.

I believe the Casey’s players were stumping up nightly to secure his services for the past year?

Took them 5 nights a week for the last 3 weeks before the semi-final I heard. Got an earful off a few players after the semi-final as well if reports are to be believed.

Also the 5 day training camp

You can’t get anything out if there is nothing there. They simply don’t have the players within the county. There are massive structural problems within the county also. There is only 1 GAA club in Wicklow Town, one in Arklow, and one in Bray. These are the 3 most populous areas in the county. Also the bitterness between the clubs is also a hinderance. The standard of refereeing is the worst I have ever witnessed also which leads to many of the free for all’s that you read about in the paper. Jim McGuinness wouldn’t be able to sort the problems within the county.

Surprised I didn’t get the dumb rating for the earlier post. Do me a favour, fella. Rate this one dumb, I’ll feel much better.

Ger Cunningham confirmed as Dublin hurling manager for a 3-year term.

Michael Ryan is the new Westmeath hurling bainisteoir

Is this the Waterford Michael Ryan, the Tipperary Michael Ryan or the Nationwide Michael Ryan?

This bluffer will set Dublin hurling back years.

It’s Scully Ryan. The self proclaimed most successful Waterford manager of all time.

I’ll be surprised if Magee wins more than 2 games with Wicklow all year. Wholly unqualified for a county manager job.

Was going to ask if Cunningham is a good appointment?

Thought we would have needed someone with stronger inter county experience.

[QUOTE=“tazdedub, post: 1028612, member: 312”]Was going to ask if Cunningham is a good appointment?

Thought we would have needed someone with stronger inter county experience.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely no track record at county level and very little to shout about at club level. Also very definitely a yesterday man. Aside from Michael Bonds glorious 100 days there is no precedent for a man in his 50s coming to inter county management for the first time delivering success.