GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

2 Likes

FML :angry:

1 Like

Don’t despair. Carr hasn’t been appointed yet. It could just as easily be Tomas O’Flatharta, Val Andrews or Paul Bealin that get the job.

1 Like

Jason Ryan will probably be sniffing around that Tipperary job too.

Liam Kearns

Should this concern me Harry?

Meh…

Perfect. Let the dominance over the turf aters begin.

“Former Tipperary manager, Liam Sheedy chaired the committed charge with finding a new manager”.

Why would Offaly turn to Liam Sheedy, placing their trust in him to look after the best interests of Offalys future, to find them a new manager? Paying him decent money for the courtesy no doubt, for his “expertise”. Must have no faith in their own people.

Because he is a winner, has a high performance attitude and would see through any bull shit.

Very wise getting him in

Not exactly a big name appointment though.

He’s money hungry, he doesn’t give a shit and strikes me would do anything for a few bob. Not a wise appointment trusting him to do his utmost for Offaly. Went away then and hired a Tipp man. Are they club mates? Have they worked together with a team?

Why does it have to be big name?
Sheepy himself wasn’t a big name first off

Kelly was being touted a long time ago. They bring in Sheedy then to make a fairly obvious decision considering their current profile. Strange.

1 Like

Maybe Sheedy had to convince Kelly to take it? Its not exactly the most attractive job

How much would he have got for his “expertise”? A grand maybe?

Sheedy is a cute hoor. He got out of dodge after winning that All-Ireland with Tipp that time as he knew he wouldn’t repeat it and it would sully his reputation. He’s been making a good few bob since making incredible use of himself off the back of what he achieved in winning that All-Ireland.

He has trained teams all over the place, in Clare, Limerick and i’m sure elsewhere too. Racking up those expenses travelling over and back. Does he give a shit about those clubs or the counties they are from?

Was he on the speaker circuit as well? Motivational speaking, key note speaker or whatever? Another nice few bob.

Sits on the Sunday game panel and barely says a thing. What he comes out with is worse than cliches. He’s afraid to say too much in case he gets found out. He’s a nothing pundit, in my opinion he’s as bad as any pundit they have and that’s saying something. He never contributes anything towards stimulating a debate or god forbid anything controversial. He sits there guffawing with the lads when Ger or Cyrill says something funny, looking up at the clock. Another 5mins to go, nearly there. I’ll laugh again to waste more seconds.

I’ve seen him on a few of these committees. He gets on all these GAA taskforces as well. Money for jam. Offaly want a new manager? Yeah i’ll find a fella for ye, i know just the man. Money for old rope.

Has he brought out a book yet? The man has made incredible use of himself, and is clever clearly at cosying up to the right people and selling himself. Of that it must be admired to a degree. I just fail to see the big deal with him that he can earn all these junkets.

6 Likes

You could say he is Crushing the Gaa World.

Success follows him pretty much everywhere he goes