GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

The only good thing Liam Sheehy ever did was call The Puke an idiot

4 Likes

Who was he over at the time? What team was this?

Can’t remember exactly. Could have been involved with Clonlara for a season, back when The Puke was an idiot.

Can the Puke come on and confirm. If he was with Clonlara he didn’t win with them and all the talent they had and all.

@Appendage can confirm the circumstances around Sheehy calling him an idiot.

1 Like

myself.

and bandage does not make that club

Liam Sheedy has no senior All Irelands.

I’m not sure if you’re a WUM or are genuinely as thick are you’re portraying across numerous threads.

I’m sure one of the more savvy posters will know if you’re genuine or not but I haven’t a clue.

I have never changed my avatar either*

*Except for a day in 2009 to the Barcelona crest during the @Captainshan meltdown.

4 Likes

Sheedy played for Tipp in the late 80s or early 90s, in a period in which they won two All-Irelands (89 and 91). Is it not reasonable for me to ask if Sheedy won a medal with them as a player? But thanks for looking up wikipedia for the answer you thick bastard.

3 Likes

He only really broke into the team in 96/97. Before that he wasn’t really in contention. 97 AI defeat was essentially the end of him playing Senior really.

Also, giving him all the Credit for Portroe winning a North Title is insulting to his brother in the extreme.

2 Likes

How does one become a brother in the extreme?

Gets a negroplasty.

2 Likes

:laughing:

Mise

It was well documented during his managerial career that he didn’t hold a senior medal.

Jose Mourinho holds a bucket load of league medals as a player too, so he does.

You don’t need to have been a horse to be a good jockey

You don’t need to be a chef to recognise a tasty oven chip.

3 Likes

Joe went for the job again allegedly.

Can understand why he might have but he should be grateful to have missed out on it.

Typical al of the thick gaa yokel who thinks what you won as a player matters to management and/or coaching.