GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Correct, he retired in 2000 I think due to back trouble. He might have a league medal.

The man who guided Donegal to their first ever Ulster senior ladies football title this summer has stepped down.

Davy McLaughlin says he can longer give the commitment required to the job and insists his decision hasn’t been influenced by Donegal’s recent All-Ireland quarter-final defeat to Armagh.

“I have thought long and hard about the decision since the Armagh game,” the Moville clubman told the Donegal News.

"It had nothing to do with that defeat to Armagh or anything like that, it’s just the sheer amount of time that you have to give to the job. I just felt that I wasn’t in a position to give that time next year and to be fair to everyone involved, I have decided to step down.

“I feel it is better for me to make the decision now and allow the county board to get a new man or woman into the role early.”

@Smark mark vindicated

I heard today that Kelly, the new Offaly manager, who was put forward for the job by a panel chaired by Liam Sheedy, is Liam Sheedy’s former boss in the bank. Now that Kelly has got the job, he has announced that he will have Sheedy on board to have monthly meetings with the players among other things. Cute hoor. Money for jam. If success follows Sheedy to Offaly I’ll take my hat off to the man

1 Like

Cant see a whole pile of soup being available in Offaly?

It’s good to be vindicated.

2 Likes

The county chairman seemingly told the local radio that a portion of the special hurling development funding that Offaly will receive from headquarters next year will be used to keep Liam Sheedy on in some sort of advisory role and to head up a ‘monitoring committee’. He said “Liam was delighted to take up the role”…

LOL-ly

That’s a disgrace.

If it’s true. This is the internet after all.

The money should be withheld if that’s the plan for it mind. Shows why they’re a shambles at adult level if that’s their way of thinking .

1 Like

Another fine example of they’re and their in the same sentence.

1 Like

Agreed. You couldn’t make it up. I know little about the man but I thought Kelly was a decent appointment. Seemingly he has a decent club and underage cv before doing good things with Kerry. Some of the Tipp lads might enlighten us about his record. Spending those funds on Sheedy in some bullshit role is farcical though.

What is Sheedys day job?

A teller in BOI Tipperary town .

Bank of Ireland I think. No idea what his specific job is. One of the reason’s he gave when he jumped ship in 2010 was work commitments after getting a promotion

I’m not talking about the appointment, it’s the money. The money given to Laois/Westmeath/Carlow/Antrim came with the typical GAA arseholery wheteby you spent the money (pittance when broken down between 4 counties over 3 years may I add) and then claimed down this bursary from Croke Park. Now don’t get me started on what a cunt of a method and fob this was to the developing countries. But to THINK Offsly could use similar funds in a such a manner is a disgrace and as Appendage said would have be question the veracity of the information.

Mid West Regional Manager BOI. All the bank managers report to him.

What kinda dough would you be talking about for a role like that?
Would he get to spend a lot of the day farting about on “relationship building” junkets?

Damien Barton is the new Derry manager.

What can you tell us about him mate?