GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Mr T , Murdoch,Phace and Hannibal
The Hof arriving tomorrow.
I love it when a plan comes together

1 Like

Phor real?

There’s no make no shape to Sheedy. State of them.

Bernard looks like he’s had a few pies.

4 of the cheapest polyester ties you’d ever see in one place.

3 Likes

:no_mouth:

McGuinness and Gallagher fallout continues to rumble on.

McGuinness is an awful cunt.

1 Like

He really isn’t coming out of this situation with Gallagher well. Rory Kavanaghs pathetic attempts to row back on the Kevin Cassidy situation in his book is also unedifying. They strung him up the pricks.

+1.

Only now McGuinness has gone does he see fit to comment. I’m sure some of his own clubmates would have felt he was hard done by.

These GAA books are mostly sickening kiss and tell stories.

Jim McGuinness really seems to fancy himself as a Che Guevara type judging by the title of his book.

1 Like

Wpuld you lads say no to telling a few stories and maybe making 40/50k potentially.

Perspective from outside a camp is always different. Personally think at the time Donegal needed exactly what he did, and they won the AI. I think there might be a bit of jealousy about who gets the credit. Fairly typical with alot of successful team. Especially ones not used to winning.

Absolutely not. But the treatment of Cassidy was wrong at the time, and still is. For Rory Kavanagh to say he’d cross the street at the time to avoid talking to fella is pretty sad, regardless of the sort of “tunnel vision” encouraged my management guru types. Sport is sport. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

McGuinness is a brilliant man with undoubted cuntish tendencies.

Like most brilliant men.

As a manager, he’s been more influential than Mick O’Dwyer and Kevin Heffernan put together.

1 Like

For once, agree.

Fuck off.

You stopped tagging me, well done. You still can’t help posting about me though. Freak.

There’s no doubt McGuinness did an excellent job with Donegal and brought them from nowhere to winning an All Ireland but he’s without doubt an egomaniac and he has an ego the size of Donegal.

1 Like

It was on a human level. But nice guys win f-all when you were coming from where they were. Its grand for the likes of Jim Gavin or JBM to be all nice and pleasent as numbers and tradition and confidence give them alot of leeway. What McGuinness had to do was create a culture.

He did it. Its almost certain someone had to fall. I’ve no doubt he would have preferred someone different. But he had to show he meant business.

Sport is not sport at that level. Its not club where maintaining relationships is more critical. Its about winning. And he felt, correctly, that the culture needed a change.

Its an amateur sport, they’re all out of the bubble now and realise their folly. What they did was cuntish. They won their All Ireland, but at what human cost. Good luck to them. But it doesn’t make their acts less cuntish.

1 Like

“On a human level” he acted the cunt, and there’s no two ways about it. Would it cost him anything at this stage to build a few bridges with Cassidy? It’s a peculiar strain in some managers that they reckon everyone is out to get them, even in his Late Late interview the other night he contended that the county board was out to to get him, which doesn’t make sense on any level. An unbelievable achievement to transform Donegal like he did though.

Totally disagree. It was not cuntish.
He set rules. Cassidy broke them. He stuck to his guns. Fairly straight forward.

Would you seriously swap, putting yourself in Donegals position which could be aomewhat compared to Laois in mid 2000’s, an All Ireland for everyone remaining friends?