GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Jimmy Barry-Murphy, as manager, of course had nothing to do with Cork reaching that All-Ireland final.

Cunningham was born in 1951.

I expect Liam Sheedy to be appointed to find a committee to find the next Dublin hurling manager, of which committee he will be a member.

1 Like

Hurling didn’t start until 1995, pal.

Nicky English will have to be in the shake up for this job.

Colm O’Rourke is also in the shake up for the Meath football job, I hear.

:grinning:

Former Antrim, Carlow and Oulart manager, Kevin Ryan of Waterford is to take the reins at Tyrone.

There’s a man whose star has plummeted.

The Luke Dempsey of hurling.

1 Like

Kevin also has the Rathnure gig.

Why is it his star has plummeted?

Maybe there is good money and a challenge there.

Getting IC jobs is not the be all and end all. Alot of the best coaches stay at club level now fue to less stress and often better miney and conditions

1 Like

He must be a bit like Micko, loves the auld driving.

1 Like

Did well enough with Antrim for a good while. Got them to an under 21 final beating Wexford on the way before being steamrolled by the Clare, who were ad good an U 21 team as you’d see.

Ultimately Antrim hurling politics wore him down. No one sticks that job for long. It needs a new man every three or so years to bring them together for a couple of years.

His business interests are mostly in the north now anyway so I’d say he has developed a gra for spreading hurling in the north. He’d be a genuine enough chap and he has lived hurling since he was a kid.

2 Likes

You’re being very nice giving him credit for Antrim beating Wexford, didn’t they only turn up to that game with the bones of a panel after doing little or no preparation work (whether his fault or not, I dont know). He was spoken of very highly in Carlow though and they were sorry to see him go. I would agree, the Antrim gig would crush any man though.

What are his business interests?

I think he has some kind of sports motivation business

Good jaysus. I thought McNulty had the market cornered up there.

You are an awful gowl in fairness

One of the most judgemental fucks, with no substance himself, i have ever encountered.

1 Like

See @mac, he went back and fixed his dreadful spelling for me. He must really fucking hate you.

Either that or he took my feedback on board

Skin Ryan has a sports motivation business fuck me I’ve heard it all now