GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

At wing back, why wasn’t he played there by Carey? He has been fillited any time he has played in the centre against a decent side.

Bizarre.

:sweat_smile:

Apes.

1 Like

Worse than that. I wanted them out. Oh wait no I didn’t.

Is Ciaran heading out to East Limerick for the coming season?

The Kilteely job would be too big for him.

Doon?? Or the “clique” boys with all the money but no hurlers?

We would ate him

:popcorn:

Mayo’s All-Ireland famine will continue unless “some egos are checked and outside influences curbed”, according to Pat Holmes and Noel Connelly, the joint managers who were forced out by a controversial squad revolt after last year’s championship.

“Players have got to concentrate on playing football and being as ruthless as it takes to win. They’ve got to allow management to manage and keep outside influences away. If they don’t, it’s unlikely they will be successful. Mayo have been in ten All-Ireland finals since 1989 and won none. That won’t change until attitudes change,” they said.

They believe that a disproportionate amount of power is vested in a relatively small number of players.

“If a small group within the squad are allowed to dictate the way they tried when we were there, it’s not good for Mayo football. If that situation is still there, the likelihood is that they will win nothing. That’s the bottom line as we see it.”

1 Like

Some airing of the dirty linen by mayo. Like a soap opera.

1 Like

Mark Harte taking over at Ballinderry once Pomeroy’s intermediate quest is over.

I would assume this largely aimed at the O’Sheas. Would be hard to argue with it, and maybe the lads dod the right thing by tackling that, and unfortunately sometimes the right thing can be the right thing at the wrong time.

And Alan Dillon

Full article here. A great coup by Martin Breheny:

Aging player angst for a medal. Experienced it very recently in my own club where a few of the older players kinda list the run of themselves in the pursuit of a medal.

Mayo are so fucking close though.

Sweeney fairly nails it here.

The letter to the board.

1 Like

I’ve been vindicated once again.

1 Like

Mayo will win the All Ireland next year

I hope the current panel never reach another AI.

1 Like

Their worse then limerick @ChocolateMice was saying