GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

He kicked an unbelievable point in ET. Sensational player. He must be proper fucked

Maybe thats why.

He has a great attitude to it. Takes it seriously when needed, plays fucking hard to.

I marked him as a centre forward, as in ge played no.6 in a league game. Fuck me he was awesome.

He is essentially a Kerry footballer

1 Like

I really hope he does. An absolute gent as well

1 Like

Tipperary based Cork native, Peter Creedon has been fucked out on his ear from Laois.

It’s always the manager’s fault in Laois. Even Mick O Dwyer wasn’t good enough for them.

2 Likes

I agree. We’ll get the right one someday though, and by god when that happens, we’ll be unstoppable.

3 Likes

Is there a big drinking culture in the Laois senior football panel .

Big shout out for Wexfordman John Meyer after last night, I was crossing the pitch afterwards, soaking up the pitch invasion I suppose, anyway one of Cyril’s tribute acts, the one who looks like Popeye’s uncle came over to John all bluster and bullshit, anyway Meyler couldn’t have treated him with more disdain, took the handshake but then gently straightarmed him so as to avoid any more contact and made it clear that he wanted him to fuck off, those lads must be some pain in the arse to have to deal with after a match, win or lose.

1 Like

Massive. And shur why not? Nothing wrong with having a few auld slow hints before and after a game.

Did they not walk of their own accord as reported?

They couldn’t stay after that County Board meeting. The County Board couldn’t keep them on after that meeting. He was on a two year deal, with a review yearly. He was so desperate to stay on, that he begged to be let address the County Exec. No other manager has ever addressed the Exec, its not the done thing. He’d have stayed if he could have, but it was untenable.

Surely a tad unfair the criticism the management took?

1 Like

You are dealing with a county where their star player revels in calling himself “psycho”. They are a special kind of simple.

8 Likes

Relegated to Division 4 for the first time in history, with the coup de grace supplied by Offaly. Hockeyed by Kildare, and timbered by Clare. A chronic lack of discipline, and no discernible gameplan other than to pile the ball into Big Donie.

TBF, thats sounds like a typical enough year for Laois Football lately.

Anyway, he’s better off away from the mess, but he can’t claim to be blameless either.

Ha, Gary’s nothing, his auld man on the other hand would fuck you up.

And they wonder why the GAA are reluctant to plow money into the county so they can piss it up against the wall.

2 Likes

Wait, does the GAA funding go directly into the players pockets these days?! Well curse a fuck on it!

Get your fucking house in order and then the funding will follow. Stories of players going on the piss before, during and after the games and not trying a leg doesn’t really encourage funding.

When you see the likes of Carlow busting a gut and making the changes to compete and then you see the carry on in Laois, I know where I would be directing the funding.

1 Like

Thats not what you said you little scrote. Get your facts right in future.

That “right one” is either Paul Bealin, Jonny Magee or Val Andrews. Or possibly Tommy Carr.

None will come cheap.

But if you want quality, you pay for it.