GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

You cute cunt, leaving Pillar out like that, and using the others as a smokescreen. Away and shite with you, he’s already been tapped up. Jack Sheehy to come on board too.

Thats some amount of bluffers in one sentance

I think you mean Billy Sheehy, mate.

Never has there been a truer Leixman.

Not to mention the bluffer writing it.

I hear the Laois team are in transition.

Drastic step for them to all change gender but if that’s what it takes to get success, so be it.

Rory Gallagher after quitting.

He’ll have to wave himself goodbye because nobody else will.

Fermanagh job his if he wants it

No messing with that kid .

1 Like

Gallagher was sailing the crest of a wave with Donegal under Jim McGuinness but he’s now managed a Donegal team for the last time. I’m not surprised.

Couple of the people I was speaking to last night said that they’d like to see Pete McGrath get the gig.

Declan Bonner will be considering due to his time over the minors and U21s that are coming through now. There doesn’t seem to be huge support for him though. Co Board might appoint him for two year to manage the transition. He managed them from 1997-2000 as well.

Charlie Mulgrew managed Fermanagh to an All-Ireland semi-final yet never managed Donegal. Is he still involved in management anywhere?

Similarly with Martin McHugh who managed Cavan to an Ulster title in 1997. It was strange that that was pretty much it for him in terms of management.

Malachy O’Rourke is one to keep an eye on as regards the Donegal job.

Peter Canavan would hardly be a contender?

Martin McHugh isn’t well apparently. I’ve no idea what Mulgrew is up to.

Can’t see them going for Canavan, even if it might be the correct move.

Would be an outstanding move

Considering the bad blood between the counties after the alleged incidents of ‘sledging’ in the minor championship last year it’s be a massive shock.

A good expenses package can help smooth over any residual bitterness over a bit of thrash talk in a kids game .

Indeed but the bad blood will be coming from those paying the expenses, not those in receipt of them.

The Donegal County Board accepted that Declan Bonner’s allegations were false.

Yes and no one is arguing that. I’m saying there’s still bad blood between the counties that would have to be factored into Canavan potentially getting or accepting the role.

They’d want to get the fuck over it ffs