GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

O Grady the new cork boss @backinatracksuit

Source Joe?

Cork hurlers

Would be bananas and a backward step

Do you think so?

I really don’t see this happening Joe, but unlike Kev I think it could work, he’s a very clever man and will surround himself with good people who’ll work for him.
But I’d be surprised.

I think he be great over cork

Well I’ve seen that Henry Martin has retweeted something similar, perhaps there’s truth there, it wouldn’t be like Henry to run with something without evidence…

3 Likes

I think it would be a poor decision Joe and would be telling the rest of the county they are not up to it.

I just cannot get my head around who would be his coach.

He knows the game as well as anyone, but i just think it needs a different thinker

Tyrone man Cathal Corey is the new Sligo manager. Do you know anything about him @Nembo_Kid ?

Rochford looks like staying on for a third year in Mayo.

Did I miss any white smoke from Wexford ?

Yep

Who got it mate ?

Paul McLoughlin mate. A lily.

1 Like

He was nominated for the Donegal job. Here’s what Donegal Daily had on him.

Cathal Corey has become the third entrant in the race for the Donegal senior football team manager’s position.

Corey was this afternoon nominated by the Naomh Conaill club, ahead of the 6 o’clock deadline.

The Kildress, County Tyrone native joins the front-runner, Declan Bonner and Gary McDaid – who last night confirmed his intention to leave his name in the ring – in the running to succeed Rory Gallagher.

Corey was previously nominated and interviewed for the position in 2014, when Gallagher was appointed, while he was interviewed for the Derry job in 2012.

Currently managing Truagh Gaels in Monaghan, Corey – a nephew of former Donegal manager Brian McIver – was recruited by Jim McGuinness to Naomh Conaill in 2009.

That season, as joint managers, they took Naomh Conaill to the Donegal SFC final, but lost out to St Eunan’s.

The following year, when McGuinness left to take over the Donegal Under-21s, Corey stayed on as boss and guided the Glenties club to the Dr Maguire. Naomh Conaill went all the way to the Ulster club final, but were beaten by Crossmaglen.

Since then, he has worked with Ulster University Jordanstown, Slaughtneil and Banagher.

1 Like

Anthony Daly replacing Ollie Baker at Kilmacud Crokes

Henry Shefflin and the brother Tommy who coached Carrickshock to All Ireland intermediate glory are taking over Ballyhale from Colm Bonnar and Andy Molony. It’s Henry’s first foray into senior management

Bad sign for Ballyhale.

Could go either way.

A subtle dig there Fagan :sunglasses:.

I thought that was only a rumour