GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Matt Busby
Don Revie
Kevin Keegan
Roberto Mancini

Teege

Ooops

1 Like

Teege got his start at his club. That’s where it all went wrong, should have thrown him straight into inter county.

I can see 2018 being the year of 14,000 posts about Henry Shefflins hapless Shamrocks.

Well I’d say there’s been as many about Claude Puel and the likes

Coached previously

All nonsense.

Cody had experience.

But notwithstanding that, he did do alot of learning on the job and was not immediately successful.

I believe to his own admittence

Apart from the factual bit, which is all of it.

But carry on.

That’s correct. It took Cody until his second year in charge to win an All Ireland so he was not immediately successful.

4 Likes

Steve Kerr
Doc Rivers
Larry Bird

All highly successful NBA coaches with no prior coaching experience when they were first appointed to head coach jobs in that league.

Johnny Giles

Who says shefflin will be doing the coaching anyway? Rare enough that club managers take the training these days.

Graeme Souness

Kev I’m going to strongly disagree on this one. Shefflin is a very clued in and savy fella. Tommy is very good coach.

Dismissing this as a failure before it starts is a bizarre stance to take.

As I said before I very much doubt that he’s that close to any of them and I don’t think he’d give a fuck anyway.

Didn’t some O’Reily chap manage Horeswood to a senior county title in his first management role a few years back?

Who said it was a failure before it started?

I said he is arrogant. Thats it.
I would say it about anyone who thinks they can jump to the top job without any experience in any walk of life.

I have seen it backfire for years.

And its not solely about him being close to them. There is quite possible lads there that never liked him, and first chance they get they’ll turn

He’s not jumping to the top. He’s managing a team in a rural village in Kilkenny.

6 Likes

Top job within a team management at top level in said club.

1 Like

Kev absolutely cleaning house here. :clap::clap::clap::clap: