GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Writing off Kerry and Tyrone?!! :lol: :lol: Tis no wonder I don’t even read half what this know it all posts anymore. :lol: Thanks for the laugh anyway, clowns are good for making people laugh I suppose.

Hugely open race for Sam next year. Any one of eight or nine teams could win it. Tyrone definitely aren’t finished and are much more likely to come back again next year than Kerry for me. You could see Mayo or Galway making a much better bid next year too.

I think a Cork defeat in the final could ruin them. A lot of that team are very near 30 or over - Canty, Miskella, Murphy, Kissane, Pearse O’Neill, Donnacha O’Connor, Derek Kavanagh etc. They have a lot of young players and a lot of old players, not many in the middle.

I wrote Tyrone off last year, but ye idiots wouldn’t listen. :rolleyes:
Teams have figured them out, copied the good bits from them and are now just pulled ahead. No half back line, no midfield.

Kerry will be out of the reckoning for 2 years. No midfield, no party.

I don’t think Dublin figured them out at all. Tyrone should have had them dead and buried. Two gilt edged goal chances missed in the first half and 17 wides, plus a fluke of a Dublin goal beat them. I’d have strongly fancied them to win out if they’d got through that.

Kissane, Pierce and Donnacha are all under 30, Pierce and Donnacha well under. 30 is no big deal anyway. I would think Nick Murphy will be very hard to replace though, but i expect another couple of years out of him. His injury this year could actually recharge him in a way.

Miskella is the worry for me, Canty i have no worried about, he’s got a long time left. Miskella is so important to the team, and is absolutely cursed by injuries. Cotter or Jamie or any of these lads are simply not in his class. Noelie is near the end though, he’s younger than others but maybe his job and the fact he was on the panel straight out of Minor is catching up.

We do have Damien Cahalane though! :smiley:

Are you mad? Tyrone were out fought that day, they don’t have the legs anymore. They missed chances, but they were under serious pressure all the time.

How was the goal a fluke? He won a break and he buried it. Its quite simple really.

I don’t get your hard on for Tyrone Sid, they have been struggling in vital areas for 2 years. Playing well against the likes of Monaghan is nothing like big days in CP, they simply didn’t have the legs. They had the head, and that won them a few games, but i’d fancy Down against them everytime outside Ulster, as in CP. Cork as well.

Don’t agree with that at all. O’Gara didn’t have to move a muscle to collect the rebound. Tyrone were dominant from around the 52 minute mark up to the goal which came after around 63/64 minutes. I don’t know how that means they don’t have the legs. Dublin got every break going that day. Just because a team wins a match doesn’t mean they “figured out” the opposition or pulled tactical masterstrokes. Alan Brogan being taken off in that match was far from a masterstroke but actually a crazy decision. Same with Sheedy taking Noel McGrath off against Galway. Crazy decision but one Tipp got away with.

Possibly a few players like Dooher, Gormley and Hughes are gone but they have good young players to come in, the likes of Peter Harte and Kyle Coney and possibly Raymond Mulgrew if he got his form back. Certainly I’d fancy Tyrone to beat Dublin if the teaams met again next year. Everybody seems to assume Dublin will kick on next year but I’m not so sure. People assumed the same after 2002 but it never happened. At least three new players are needed.

I think Kildare might be the team to kick on again next year.

Peter Harte is a serious player alright. I’m not convinced by Coney as an adult player, but he needs time. Still those guys are replacing serious serious players.

Your right there is no certainty about Dublin kicking on, but to say their win was a fluke is ridiculous.

Anyway the main point was how stupid what mbb said was about O’ Rourkes reasons for not taking job, and the teams he feared. :rolleyes:

O’Rourke is approaching shit or get off the pot time if ever wants to take the Meath job. At 53 he’s not a young man anymore and probably won’t get more than one more oppurtunity. Meath have a decent group of players now with some excellent forwards. If he doesn’t want to manage his son, well he’ll be into his 60’s by the time he’s gone. If he ever wants to manage Meath he should take it now.

Massive backtrack here from the clown, nice to see Sid call him on it anyway in my absence.

I’d agree with you on O Rourke Sid, something very odd about the way he goes on when the Meath job arises. He’s even put forward ridiculous terms in the past as a way to avoid getting it. There’s a story there, just not sure what it is. Its not as simple as the son anyway, thats for sure.

You might point out the back track there shithead.

I’d be willing to put good money on neither Kerry or Tyrone winning next year. Your inability to look past your dislike for certain counties does nothing for your cred.

“Cred” :lol:

Clown.

Your the one so obsessed with it, licking arse all over the place, looking for approval.

Grow yourself a pair of balls man.

Says the lad meeting a stranger from the internet for a fight. :lol:

You couldn’t make this shit up, you really couldn’t. You’re embarassing.

Maybe you could?

:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, trying to get a few threads back on topic, the old rogue has pulled out of the Mayo managerial race. He’s a fair ol chancer to give him his dues. :smiley:

Not funny, no need for smiley.

:rolleyes: clown.

Anyhoo, my sources tell me the old rogue is about to commit to Wicklow for another year, expect an announcement tomorrow night. Micko, what a boyo, couldnt find anyone better lads, shur I’ll give ye another year :lol:

EDT

So much for that, I see this is also being reported on todays Hedild, scrap the bumping of the TFK exclusives thread. :angry:

Who are you talking to?

FFS, more shite :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Clubs are said to be putting O Brien forward again in Meath. Fine and grand, it was most likely wrong to shove him out the door, but his position has been weakened beyond repair, he’d be better off staying away at this point and let the county board carry on ripping itself to pieces.

Niall Moyna has turned down the Monaghan job due to the manner in which Banty was axed and how he’s still be put forward for the job by delegates.

McGeeney is stalling in Kildare, most likely looking for more out of the CB, not so much money, probably just more autonomy, you’d imagine he can write his own cheques with them at this point in time.

Still no Laois hurling manager, Conor Hayes has been mooted, Adrian Ronan had the job at one point, but I believe he turned it down for personal reasons given whats gone on over the past year. Should be finalised by the end of this week however.