GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Rumours in Clare that the Sparrow is reluctant enough to take charge for the coming year

Davy’s time come?

Doubt it, can’t see the clubs going for it at this moment in time…The lads over the Limerick gig were in discussions with him last week and given his current finacial situation I would say Limerick is a more likely alternative…If he was to take over limerick and do half decent there then in two years time he will probably get it

Justin for Clare. Did a good job with them before so no reason why he can’t again.

you really have regressed as a poster over the past few months

That’s sad to hear. When do you feel the decline started Pukey?

Your confidence looks as though it never recovered from your ill faithed attempts to organise the International Cunts Competition

Puky, the failure of that competition was nothing to do with religion.

KIB Man might help me out on this one but were you not the one deriding a few lads in the past for being too soft to play intercounty football as they didn’t have proper man jobs like Noel O’Leary? Seems it might not be all it was cracked up to be.

No, absolutely not. Anyone can play football, but only physically and/or mentally tough men play senior football. KIB was pissing and moaning about lifting blocks, that is not the sign of a tough man by any stretch of the imagination.

Some of the toughest men i know sit behind desks and i don’t remember ever mentioning Noelie in that conversation, so again, you are wrong.

Of course that still has nothing to do with my point above. He is the toughest man i ever played football against, it doesn’t mean he is not open to wear and tear. He played a championship game for Muskerry one day with a dislocated collar bone for about 10 minutes before they had to drag him off. That kinda shit catches up on you.

Lavey’s John Brennan is the new new manager of Derry.

Still no word of Counihan’s resignation Kev…hope somebody hasn’t led you up the garden path mate.

Still it’s only 10.30. The day is young

Why the hell would he announce it today if he is going?

It did come from a fairly good source, but who knows. He’s a very thoughtful kinda guy, if thinks it is right to go at the start of the year, there is a good chance he’ll still believe it despite winning.

You must remember there is probably 20-25 hours a week involved in being an IC manager, its hard to keep it going.

Brendan Fennelly is the new Laois manager…Any of the kilkenny lads know much about him

Not Tommy Dunne?

Why would he take it, rumoured to be the next man in line when Sheedy decides to walk away in a couple of years

According to MBB and his sources it was a done deal

hm.

Tommy Dunne is not ready for Senior IC management, and he would be mad to go to Laois, they’d make a scapegoat out of him lively enough if things didn’t run smoothly, and then his aura would lose a bit of its shine. I’m sure Tommy will learn what he needs to learn and could well be an excellent manager in time, but not yet.

It cant always be summer.

Was down to Dunne, Ronan, Hayes and Fennelly if rumours were to be believed. Ronan had it but turned it down after speaking with the wife who is still a little shaken, Dunne most likely turned it down, the belief was he wanted an in for senior management where he had nothing to lose, and well, its not like there was a lose situation in Laois, take em on, you’re a great lad, go nowhere, well its Laois, what chance did you have?

Fennelly comes recommended, but I wouldnt be getting too excited. Tis asy take pops at Laois hurling though I suppose.