GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

One yachting, one tactical tennis

Surely mayo couldn’t go for a lad that just got sacked in China and wasn’t good enough for Galway Utd?

Can’t see McGuiness doing it given how he was at odds with the Donegal Co Board throughout his term.

That’s professional soccer though. This is just a hobby. He might not be cut out for the business of soccer but he does seem to have an aptitude for his hobby and he did well in his last posting in Donegal.

1 Like

Banty for Mayo.

2 Likes

Keith Higgins comments on newtalk last week sounded to me like a man that wanted Rochford gone. I presume James Horan will be back.

If McGuinness gets the job he wil

1. Run roughshod over the clubs
  2. Flog the shite out of an ageing panel.
  3. Turn the most exciting team in the country into an ultra defensive, overly cynical, joyless shower of cunts
  4. Cost a fucking fortune
  5. And still win fuck all.

Mayo County Board and Jim deserve each other.

10 Likes

Fuck that shower of self absorbed wankers.

PP put up the market after the announcement, Horan has been backed from 7/2 into 11/10 favourite in that time :thinking:

You seem fearful of this potential match up…

Did the players not oust Horan or is my memory that bad?

It is.

Brady said on OTB that Horan would still have huge respect of a good number of the squad & unfinished business.

He would be a lunatic to take it unless he was clearing off a good share of the driftwood & bad eggs.

Nope, it was CB issues with him

Noted

Not in the slightest. I would be more wary of a Mayo team with James Horan back in charge. It;s hard to escape the feeling that their moment has passed though, regardless of who the next manager is.

1 Like

I’d agree with most of that.Also McGuinness is a spoofer.

1 Like

Jose will be available for Mayo. He could manage if he had a good coach and s&c guy alongside him. He would be perfect to run the whatsapp group

Seamus O’Shea was interviewed on the Second Captains podcast today. It was a weird sort of interview in that all present were clearly aware of the elephant in the room but didn’t want to go near it. They only briefly touched on Rochford without referring to what they knew was going on at that moment, but O’Shea’s comments did not come across as overly supportive of him.

For me Rochford has been completely blaggarded here. He got some things wrong but a whole lot more right. It seems some players mightn’t be that sorry to see the back of him but I can’t believe it’s a majority or anything like it and it seems more like a calcutated revenge job by yer man Connelly on the county board for what happened in 2015.

Our old friend Jimmy from the bookies was dead right about the politics of Mayo football.

2 Likes

Pope Francis breaks the curse, Rochford gets fired the following day :thinking: