GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Read your history Cathy

I’ll be interested to see where Donie Buckley ends up. He did an outstanding job coaching that Mayo team.

You’d presume Kerry will bring him on board, but I’d say Galway would gratefully snap him up if not. He’d be a brilliant replacement for Paddy Tally.

Strong rumour he is coming to Cork. I believe he has been approached anyway.

James Horan 5/6 fav
Jim McGuinness 2/1

David Brady was fairly adament on OTB last night that McGuinness wouldn’t get it

John Maughan has been appointed manager overnight.

Who needs a proven all Ireland winner, when you could have a Mayo lad who came really close before

1 Like

The Offaly managerial merry-go-round moves on

Peter Ford and Conway, the Breaffy manager, are the chosen ones to come in as co-managers.

Aidan O’Shea the only man for the job.

2 Likes

He’s got great experience the past few years in fairness

4 Likes

Aidan knows the importance of timing

Too many times we stand aside
And let the waters slip away
'Til what we put off 'til tomorrow
It has now become today

1 Like

Have we discussed breheny’s attack on the players today?

Again?Throw up a link there good man

he was on OTB earlier

decent appointment by the biffos?

Ah they’ll fuck it up again no doubt.

Ah I don’t know man, he hasn’t been an inter county manager at all in a decade and the last thing of note on his CV was Mayo in the early 00’s. He’s had as many complete misses as he has had success.
He could be the type of lad smart enough to surround himself with good men, but he’s bringing Tommy fucking Carr into his backroom team with him so not looking too promising on that front either.
I hope it goes well. Sad to see the state a proud county like the Biffos are in, in both codes.
What’s Maughan been up to lately does anyone know?

Very successful on club scene. Has his hand in ever since

Maughan is a visionary, he used to wear shorts when managing Clare back in 92

10 Likes

Underage with Castlebar for a few years and then won Connacht junior with a small club in Mayo last year. In itself it’s not an inspiring appointment but if it’s true Tommy Carr is joining him then it’s even worse. Not sure what would be considered success for Offaly but I wouldn’t be expecting much from them next year.

Couldn’t get much worse than losing to Wicklow I suppose