GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Waterford beat Kilkenny up a stick twice in that match. They were leading them by 8 points with a few minutes to go, before making the schoolboy error of easing off. Once Waterford re-focused for extra time, they demolished Kilkenny within a few minutes in the first period of extra time.

1 Like

Rud eile

Beating Kk was a massive boost for that Limerick team . I am not sure Lk would have won the all Ireland if they went through to AI series after a Munster final , regardless of result

Everybody seems to be beating Kilkenny in the championship these past few years. Limerick did it for the first time since 1973 this year. Waterford did it for the first time since 1959 last year. Wexford beat them last year, ending a run of 7 consecutive losses since 2004. Galway beat them twice this year having only won something like one of their previous twelve meetings. Dublin even beat Kilkenny for the first time in over 70 years in 2013.

Maybe Kilkenny should have looked at a new manager for next year.

Kilkenny are back with the pack now . From 2000 to 2011 they fielded some of the best teams in history and at least 7 who would be on a team of the decade . They have been in decline since but as still contenders .

Cody is still a decent manager .

We’re fucked altogether. I heard BC was going to ask JJ and Tommy to come back we have so few options. Eddie and Henry were asked too but they’ve no interest.
Sure we’ve nothing coming through, I’d be amazed if we ever win another all Ireland, especially with all these teams re-inventing the game right now. They’re all miles ahead of us, we’ll be playing Chritsy Ringu is a couple of years ochon, ochon…

1 Like

Cody was clearly the right man to oversee the most talented generation of hurlers Kilkenny ever had and maximize the trophy haul. Maybe after 20 years at the helm and changed circumstances now, they might benefit from a new voice in the dressing room.

Maybe, but that is a matter for Mr Cody and/or the Kilkenny Co Board and it’s affiliated clubs .

Cody did a very good job with what he had in 2018

2 Likes

Hilarious

Ye’ve hit a fallow period but I can’t see ye being relegated to the All-Japan Senior Championship just yet, Piles-san.

Hai

1 Like

Rochy to join Donegal as coach under Bonner.

Adam Speer taking over as fitness coach in Sligo. He did the same for Donegal in 2012.

They might be worth a cheeky bet to be promoted out of DIvision 3, he should have them flying.

Great appointment in my humble opinion.

Agreed

What does he work at

Bank Manager in AIB

Madness by Donegal. Rochfords a spoofer who cost Mayo an All Ireland with stupid retarded decision. Buckley done all the coaching so i dont understand why Donegal are going to pay that gobshite any money to offer sweet fuck all

To be fair he won’t have Aidan O’Shea making the decisions for him in Donegal.

3 Likes

Is this Rochford to Donegal thing not bizarre? He wasn’t a coach in Mayo and now they basically have two managers. You can see why it makes sense for him ($$$$) but what is the idea in Donegal I wonder.