GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Ex Galway hurling gaffer Anthony Cunningham is the new Roscommon football supremo.

Must have been waiting on the decision for the Dubs hurling job.

Cheddar taking over the Village? @myboyblue

Haven’t heard truth be told. Cheddars people are Killenny originally.

Wouldnt be surprised as two of his his contemporaries Critchley and Rigney managed them before and were popular

Heard that a few weeks ago. @myboyblue was he with portlaoise Hurlers this year?

No. Eamon Fennelly managed Portlaoise this year.

:laughing:

2 Likes

:rollseyes:

Correct thread this time … Cian O’Neil

Cian O’Neill gone from Kildare. Probably the right move, fair play to him for biting the bullet. Writing was on the wall after a very mediocre year, he should have driven them on after the momentum generated last year with the Super 8s run and the U20 AI. Falling out with lads from his own club wasn’t a good look either. He did his best and did well in patches, but the team needs fresh voices.

O’Neill

I’m surprised he was slim enough that Kildare could push him out the door

1 Like

He’ll be angling for a media move. Speaks well and that Newbridge or nowhere interview will stand to him.

Otherwise he wouldn’t be a bad addition to the Cork backroom team in either code. However I doubt his ego would allow him to becoming a cog in the wheel again rather than head honcho.

He failed.

2 Likes

You’d feel he has something to offer still. The Ravenous thread springs to mind.
We haven’t seen the last of his corpulent figure. The fat fucker.

3 Likes

Patsy is on the way out in Waterford

1 Like

Pushed…?

Another vindication for @Nembo_Kid

A large number of players won’t play next year if he is still in charge.

In fairness to the man - irrespective of how bad his man management is - a large number of them didn’t play this year either.

12 Likes

I actually thought he went weeks ago.
He was in an impossible position going in there after lovely dovey family environment “derek” had created.