GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

In their roles solely as Waterford managers?

That’s a bit pointless no?

@farmerinthecity

that’s as maybe, but it’s Sidney

Utter nonsense

Pochettino has won no titles

Yet he has been a massive success as Tottenham manager

Jack Charlton won no competitive titles as Eire manager

Yet by any standards he was a massive success

Ditto Mick McCarthy

The Croatia manager has won no titles

By your logic he has been a failure

being good at your job and being successful are two entirely different things

So Justin’s tenure as Waterford manager was successful or not?

Nobody really cares about Munster titles though, mate

They do care about getting to All-Ireland finals

Noel Connelly and Pat Holmes won a Connaught title managing Mayo and Stephen Rochford didn’t

Rochford’s tenure was obviously more successful overall given he got them much closer to an All-Ireland and playing the best football a Mayo team had ever played

Probably not now but they certainly did in that era.

2 Likes

that’s bullshit, you can be sure each of those munster titles was celebrated long and hard in Waterford.

1 Like

Ultimately Justin was a failure, mate

He consistently failed against worse teams

Nah.

how can they be worse teams if they got further in the competition than them? Which seems to be your logic for managers.

You think a manager that gets to a final and loses is more successful than one that doesn’t.

How can a team who get to the final ahead of another team, be worse, by that same logic?

In each year Waterford won Munster, another Munster team went further than them in the championship

So thosse Munster titles ended up being worth diddly squat to them

Waterford played Limerick in the 2007 Munster final and the 2007 All-Ireland semi-final

Which was the better game to win

You’re fom Limerick aren’t you

Why don’t you tell us

Neither of them won the All Ireland. So it’s moot. We got another day out of it and a bit of heartbreak. They had a Munster medal in their arse pockets. We didn’t.

So now you tell us Liverpool are a better team than Manchester City

Lolz

Any of those limerick players would take a munster medal over an all ireland loss.

1 Like

No that’s your logic. Keep up with yourself, if not me.

By my logic they won the competition. So yes, they are better in European Competition than City.

I’d think so.

Any player who values a Munster final victory over an All-Ireland semi-final victory is an idiot

Do Tyrone players look back on 2005 and say to themselves that, we may have beaten Armagh in the All-Ireland semi-final that year but Armagh beat us in the Ulster final, so ultimately Armagh were the happier

Do they fuck

Not what I said