GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Exactly.

Wouldn’t mind a trio of KK, D Óg, and Mulcahy. With Ben O’Connor and Tom Kenny taking over the 20s.

1 Like

I’m sorry Fenway but the same quality of under 12s was always in limerick. If anything club hurling is weakening over the last decade. What Jerry Wallace along with joe quaid has done is nothing short of a miracle. The up turn in results was immediate and since 2013 we’ve been competitive at minor. He got the whole county pulling in one direction and focused on a similar style of hurling. Also the spread of lads representing our underage teams is unreal. Before lads from certain clubs wouldn’t have been picked. Wallace brief stint with the seniors was also well received. It’s mental cork don’t want him back.

1 Like

Maybe cork is different and the skills focus isn’t as required but I’m amazed he’s still with limerick.

Would it be insane for Waterford to go after Shefflin, Brennan or DJ? Would Waterford fans handle a KK man running things or would there be mutiny?

I think most counties would accept Hitler if he was to improve their lot.

@Fagan_ODowd told the forum that DJ turned down the job last year

1 Like

They should go after the likes of Liam Cahill - I’m not convinced about DJ, Henry hasn’t managed at intercounty and had success with a talented Ballyhale team (plus he clearly hates Waterford), Brennan did well with Laois but was a disaster at u21 with KK - Laois always had hurlers, he just brought them together and made them competitive, next year we will see how they push on - it’ll be a brave manager to take on the Waterford job with the prima donnas in that dressing room

No it wouldn’t be insane. In fact it would be eminently sensible. That’s why it’s unlikely to happen.

We’ve had a Kilkenny man in charge before.

1 Like

And that went quite well!!

Ye’d be better off with Scully. I’ve no idea of the politics down there but I always felt Scully got short-changed.

He didn’t.

Georgie Leahy in 1993?

That’s the one.

What’s the story there? A complete dinosaur?

Bate’n tractor tyres in training

Derek and Fintan are coming back and that’s all that matters

Do you really believe that?

Why would any coach be coaching one style of hurling? You coach lads to be good at all the skills, awareness and how to think about the game.

1 Like

The Waterford panel wouldn’t accept Cahill, he’s to crass & mean for them.

1 Like

Writing essays about tractor tyres would suit them better now I spose.