GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

1 year term very odd.

Maybe Laois native Mick Dempsey could be coaxed onto an All Star Laois minor backroom team for 2020.

Did he manage the footballers previously? I know the Wexford sussed him out few years ago (for the football)

1 Like

He did yeah, 97 and 98. He was also manager of the Laois U21’s who kicked the Leinster trophy up and down Pedigree Corner back in 94.

1 Like

Liam Kearns being linked to the Galway football job.

I thought that Rochford had that sewn up.

That defeat Tipp inflicted on Galway seems to have left a mark.

Alan Flynn or Paraic Joyce will get the Galway job.

3 Likes

Sounds eventful.

A walk-out by John Arnold.

A nice dig at Clare: “Anthony Nash had the sliotar in his hand and all the Clare lads ran back over the Shannon.”

And someone sore that Frank’s field was slagged off: “This is the man who went on the Sunday Games a number of years ago and cut the county board to ribbons. He called [the stadium redevelopment] the centre of mediocrity. I hope he accepts it now that it is a centre of excellence, not a centre of mediocrity.”

does Cork have a Centre of excellence?

To be fair, the phrase “centre of excellence” means nothing. You can call anything a centre of excellence if you want.

ah yeah i understand…

but have they a complex with 4 pitches so likemost counties? a hub for the inter county teams

They have a nice setup in Mallow, I presume it’s used for underage teams. Although in fairly sure it was there when Cusack went on that rant.

@gilgamboa can confirm.

Hard to have one with such a big County

He’s staying on with Donegal for another season. it was included in this article https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/work-ahead-for-county-boards-as-hot-seats-remain-empty-38527790.html

Where is this??

Dont know how widely its used tbh. Used for lot of games. But its a Mallow facility. They used to allow it be used by Munster rugby but that didn’t play well with Cork GAA who put the kibosh on it.

Its a massive facility that was built for them by a developer. Id say they struggle to keep it going on a weekly basis. And yes, it was there when D og went on the rant.

Similar quality facility in Nemo and Clonakilty. Could be three good hubs there. My understanding is they are trying to link up with CIT to develope their facilities in a partnership. Cian O Neill, Ricken, Myler all work out in CIT so v strong links now.

Who is in the running for the Galway gig now? Seems to have gone very quiet since Davy reneged on them

Ger Loughnane in the mix again