GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

You can hear it the same as us all

“Wicklow/Carlow etc. have been flying in challenges, Tommy erm, erm (Marty prompts) yeah, Tommy Flynn is a serious operator, they’ve had a good league (W2D1L5) and have solid underage squads (see senior stats) We’re taking nothing for granted, massive occasion for all and we’re expecting a battle”…Yawn…

The nearest to a right battle Dessie will see all Summer is a few young Meath hard chaws firing pint bottles at the Dublin bus as it passes the Rathoat Inn.

5 Likes

A top man is Dessie. Delighted he has got the biggest job in Irish sport.

In fairness Dessie will always be able to say he finished my senior football career. Not many people can say that.

Things looking good for Dessie especially as his bogey team when he was over the minors and 21s are on the wane.

1 Like

Waterfords Paul Flynn taking over at St Judes

Patron Saint of …, ???

1 Like

A match made in heaven…

This will not end well

What’s the story here?

Prob bollox but rumour the sponsor wasn’t happy his sons weren’t getting game time and threatened to pull it. Allegedly did something similar with Meath hurlers in the past.

Just seen the messages about this now. Shocking stuff.

Seems to be legit from few follow up ones I got. Mad for club to put themselves in that position - not the end of it I expect

Fucking nuts if that is the reason. If Byrne is to go back the people that made this decision will have to go. I’d other clubs would be eyeing up Byrne considering the job he has done at Ratoath.

Fuck Byrne, he’s not wanted here

Whos the sponsor

Think it’s The Ratoath Inn.

4 Likes

Stephen Kernan appointed as the new Crossmaglen Rangers manager.

Ann Downey appointed manager of Balltyragget men’s hurling team

:smile:

1 Like