GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

I thought this announcement must be coming. There are a few bonfires being built around the county here over the past week, clearly people in the know ready to celebrate the news that his tenure was about to end.

1 Like

Absolutely. I don’t think there’s anyone who wishes to see his style of play inflicted on a team again but it’s his unwillingness to embrace a new philosophy which has left him in the dole queue with a bleak forecast for the future in the sport.

Will we see the second coming of Wee James?

Steven Poacher’s time has come.

1 Like

No, he was over the minors the past few years and I’d say that is as serious as he would want his involvement to be. New u20 and minor management teams in the county as well, be interesting to see how they go. If Laverty goes well with the U20s he might just run for it, he already has some experience with Monaghan and would solve the Kilcoo problem.

Fact. His championship record is second to none.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s some clusterfuck of a tweet.

1 Like

Ricey gone from Fermanagh.

Legend.

I’d say Rory will be wanting him in with Derry to toughen them boys up.

Do the Tipp county board want Cahill?

Swift.

The use of the word ‘retire’ there is very odd.

Tis. I suppose it’s better than ‘resign’ or ‘mutual consent’.

He owes us nothing.

Bye Bye Silverback

Who said less than a week ago that Cahill was staying with Waterford unless he was offered the Tipp job within a week? Was it @Declan_Moffat ? :eyes::eyes:

Retirement?

Declan Bonner looking for an extension with Donegal. Told he has to reapply. God help us if we’re stuck with him for any longer.

1 Like

He has to go

1 Like

Surely Murphy, McBrearty and a few of the more senior players will be reaching out to McGuinness.

Murphy has probably 2/3 years left at the top level so I can only see McGuinness making Donegal genuine AI contenders in that time.

Can’t see Bonner getting it again, he will surely have a few men contesting him for it?

1 Like