GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Hard to know. He let the clubs have the intercounty players more than the previous managers and ultimately, it is they who decide. No standout managers within the county bar Jim who I doubt wants to abandon the soccer dream. Malachy O Rourke or Rochford would be the the possible candidates but I doubt Rochford would go for it in addition to Bonner. I’d say he’ll wait until he’s gone if he throws his hat in the ring at all. The Glenties manager would have the best record of the current club managers with Martin McHugh possibly having an eye on the role too.

2 Likes

I could see McGuinness giving it one more shot if asked. He’s at a loose end currently and needs to spend more time out of a house with six kids in it :rofl::rofl:

No stand out candidates at club level. Bonner had his shot twice now and doesn’t seem able to get them over the line.

1 Like

Good to know the Donegal set up is more pro-vaccine than the Tyrone one at least.

Would love to see Murphy with one more run at 14 with a proper modern setup behind him.

McBrearty too actually.

There’s a potential AI there for them and it would be huge. Look at this Mayo story, massive appetite for it.

The team is there, but the mentality has reverted to the days when the silverware was out of reach.

1 Like

Didn’t realise it but McGuinness is involved with Derry City in some role now.

Yes, under 19’s I believe

Whisht. Peter Keane will have a tough day to put down in the SuperValu today.

Jack is the pig ignorant type Kerry needs, to put some steel back into them.

His interview on the examiner podcast must have been successful

1 Like

Jack has made Kerry Football great before, and he will do so again.

I saw Mick Foley (Sunday Times, not wrestler) tweeting a week or two back that O’Connor was confirmed for another season with Kildare…something must have changed in the intervening period.

He put out a come and get me on the examiner podcast after the Kerry game. Even if Kerry haven’t come and got him, it was fairly clear from the podcast that Kildare football was very much an after thought for him and he didn’t give a fuck about it.
There was a few questions, where the polite thing to say would have been, “look I’m with Kildare at the moment and my focus is on that” or whatever the usual bullshit is, but he was blatantly hawking for the job.
If I was a Kildare person, I’d have been telling him to sling his hook whatever way things went

1 Like

The two young lads are gone back as well. The O’Connors have pulled out of Kildare quicker than the Americans in Afghanistan.

11 Likes

I believe he wanted the Galway job when PJ got it. Pity he didn’t get it.

Basically issued a public come and get me plea to Kerry while still Kildare manager. Hopefully Kildare told him to sling his hook.

1 Like

His record wouldn’t be that great though.

Did you know in his first four years in charge of Kerry he won 3 All Ireland’s, 3 National Leagues and 2 Munster Championships?

And he still got the world of abuse.

2 Likes