GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Big Dave Power has been reappointed in Tipp on a three year term.

Paddy Christie staying on board as his assistant.

2 Likes

Kevin Walsh part of Cribbens ticket in Kildare, dreadful decision by Tom

Yeah I think he’d be a good appointment.My man in NYC says Andy Moran was interviewed also.

1 Like

Stop the press!!

The dominant narrative in online GAA forums in recent years has been that they don’t.

I don’t follow forums all day so I wouldn’t know.

You wouldn’t have to.

FFS, that’s a very unambitious appointment.

Its a no brainer though. Hes a good man too. I’d have him back in a heartbeat. He was blackguarded in Laois.

Cribbin reached two Leinster finals with Westmeath and beat Meath for the first time in Westmeath’s history.

@caoimhaoin said he’d be a disaster.

Cribben is into laps isn’t he?

About time someone brought them back into fashion.

Cribben created the first professional Gaelic Footballer in his time with Laois. He was way ahead of the curve.

Apparently the CB received an application from Malachy O’Rourke. If they ignore that and persist with the appointment of another journeyman midlands manager, they want shooting.

1 Like

Whats Malachys background?

Well he applied, but then he got brought to the job application page where they make you refill out every detail that’s on your CV into their template, even though they insist on you attaching a CV also, and he just decided he’d rather be unemployed

2 Likes

Managed Monaghan and Fermanagh.

The stooks in Laois probably haven’t heard of him.

I doubt the Hurling board would have much time for him

What sort of record had he with them?

It’s mental that there aren’t several counties beating down his door to get him. Donegal, Down, Meath etc.

3 Likes

Yeah, he’d fit any of those counties well and travel would be manageable.

He’d do us the finest @anon67715551

1 Like