GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

What position does he play in?

Not many Irish sticking it out long over there these days.

He was full back on their minor team in his last year playing.

Badly needed so

Should give them an extra bit of physicality at the back so.

Who is left out there in the AFL now anyway? Obviously Tuohy is going to finish up out there.

Cork - Keane
Meath - Nash, McBride
Kerry - O’Connor
Derry - Brown
Dublin - Madden
Tipp - O’Riordan

Think there might be a lad from Wexford and one from Kilkenny?

Am I missing anyone?

Joyce from KK
O Connor from Wex

1 Like

Keane will probably be home soon, was togged out for Junior A hurting last week and playing football too

1 Like

I don’t know the exact catalyst but there must have been some serious internal issues in the club. I know they did a big clear out of the board a few years back.

Zach was on a podcast last weekend with one of his employees husbands. He was saying he still wants to play for Portlaoise for a few years, but will take a year or two rolling contract if he gets it before heading home. The dream of kicking for Laois has gone entirely from the discussion.

There was something like 52 pubs there until the mid eighties - go figure

Kerry lost the goalkeeper with the Lithuanian name as well, I never heard he came back.

1 Like

There was a wedding a few years back where a load of adult players were basically busted as coke heads.

It had dreadful consequences with parents/sons falling out with eachother and the older members of the club losing interest in the senior team.

No wonder most clubs around the country try to pretend the problem doesn’t exist in their club.

1 Like

Knockanure & Moyvane must be all the one?

Huh?..

1 Like

Same parish? There’s definitely lads in Knockanure playing with Duagh too

Knockanure Ladies play with Moyvane anyway. I know that much :grinning:

1 Like

Knovkanure both mean and poor
It has a church without a tower

At every half door stands a hoor

Criticising decent people

3 Likes

Their memory will endure

The Listowel lads are afraid to tog out for the club for fear of being ridiculed in song or verse by
“Poet in residence” Billy Keane.

1 Like

To be fair to Billy he at least tried to get a conversation going about the drug epidemic but nobody wants to know. No doubt this was brought upon by his experiences in his home town.