GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Eoin Who?

Seamie Callinan is the man.

I saw Seamus Callinan get pussy whipped by Seamus Hickey this summer. He is on his way to being another Liam Cahill, if even that.

Shefflin with pace sonny.

The lad has the most potential we’ve produced since EK made his bow.

A one-sided Mark O’Leary without the heart. :smiley:

Tis early its starting this year.

There is a pep in Limerick step with this new manager it seems!

There are a few fellas on the other forum and this new gaffer is really going to their heads. :smiley:

seen that…I hope they are lucky!

[quote=“tipptops*”]Eoin Who?

Seamie Callinan is the man.[/quote]

Don’t know TT*. Didn’t step up to the plate in the U21 final when Tipp needed him most. Picks up a lot of loose ball but may have problems winning his own possesion

Gerald McCarthy’s rumoured to be leaving the Cork senior hurling manager post. John Meyler to replace him? Anyone?

A very gracious Richie Bennis on Newstalk earlier calling for Limerick to get behind Justin McCarthy.

richie bennis - bigger than davy fitz

[quote=“Bandage”]Gerald McCarthy’s rumoured to be leaving the Cork senior hurling manager post. John Meyler to replace him? Anyone?

A very gracious Richie Bennis on Newstalk earlier calling for Limerick to get behind Justin McCarthy.[/quote]

unusually timid for a bennis interview, was expecting both barrels to be firmly aimed at the panjandrums on the county board.
i’ll miss the soundbites.

Luke to Meath, you heard it here first.

Damien Cassidy has been appointed as the new Derry football manager.

Cork county board deferred making an announcement on both management posts last night but RTE are reporting Counihan and McCarthy are likely to be ratified for a further 2-years apiece at the next meeting. I’m surprised that McCarthy appears to be staying on.

Very surprised at Gerald, perhaps Cork are going into a lull period and nobody wanted to challenge him? Or maybe they’re waiting for Donal g to make himself available.

Cassidy is a good appt, but I wouldnt have gotten rid of Crozier.

Hearing strangely strong rumours for Gilroy for Dublin job over past hour. Is it just me or has he never managed before?

Either way, throw this one in with my “Luke for Meath, you heard it here first” post.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Hearing strangely strong rumours for Gilroy for Dublin job over past hour. Is it just me or has he never managed before?

Either way, throw this one in with my “Luke for Meath, you heard it here first” post.[/quote]

Gilroy for Dublin is doing the rounds all right

I can’t believe that they’d go for him.
Has he even experience of club management? Whelan was managing Vins last year- is Gilroy in charge of them this year?

Very surprised and disappointed to hear that Mullins has ruled himself out.

WBY

Something that was mentioned in passing on the championship draw programme tonight was that Paul Bealin has been run out of Carlow*.

• He may actually have resigned.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Gilroy for Dublin is doing the rounds all right

I can’t believe that they’d go for him.
Has he even experience of club management? Whelan was managing Vins last year- is Gilroy in charge of them this year?

Very surprised and disappointed to hear that Mullins has ruled himself out.

WBY[/quote]

the fact is that enough people in Dublin play GAA - the 2 best players from my club are both non dubliners - we have won 3 out of the last 100 all irelands- the dublin countyboard need a rethink - the minors have been a disgrace recently

if the players arent there it doesnt matter who the manager is

[quote=“Bandage”]Something that was mentioned in passing on the championship draw programme tonight was that Paul Bealin has been run out of Carlow*.

• He may actually have resigned.[/quote]

He resigned and is apparently interested in the Dublin job.

Ha!

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]He resigned and is apparently interested in the Dublin job.

Ha![/quote]

That was clearly his ultimate ambition all along and he set about completing a successful apprenticeship in Wexford and Carlow. However, I assume the Dublin county board will have noted him overseeing Wexford’s demotion from Division 1 to Division 3 in the NFL under his tenure, along with his Carlow side being given a thumping in the championship by an average enough Meath team last season. He always seemed genuinely deluded though so I reckon he feels he’s a real candidate.

I’d be very concerned if Bealin got anywhere near the Dublin job
There’s less to him than meets the eye…

WBY