GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]I’d be very concerned if Bealin got anywhere near the Dublin job
There’s less to him than meets the eye…

WBY[/quote]

but but but, he showed up for Wexford and Carlow games in his Dublin tracksuit - is that not enough for him to get the job???

Paul Bealin is potentially the worst Dublin county manager since George Redmond was in situ in the county council offices there.

Thats beautiful, what a tool.

Whos in the running to take over Wexford?

its confirmed he got the job

word is that none of the high profile managers wanted the job as the expectations compared to the reality is so far apart - to put it simple the players arent there to win an all Ireland & considering the population size thats shocking - the Dublin county board need to do something to get people playing again as soon as possible before the game completly dies

in regards to hurling it appears that the nortside of Dublin has given up on the sport

Underage football in Dublin has been abysmal for a while now, going back the last 5 years or more, serious problems there. Last decent minor Dublin brought through was Vaughan and he was pretty poor even.

ive been saying this for a while - the gaa just isnt as popular in dublin as it is in rural areas

Underage hurling is thriving though, surely football is suffering as a result of the direct competition from hurling?

it may be throving on the southside although this is debatable but it is all but dead on the north side

Can’t wait for rte sideline reporter Joanne Cantwell looking for a quick half-time word from Dublin selector Paul ‘Nigger’ Nugent…rte switchboard will light up like a christmas tree…

What do the Dublin lads make of the probable appointment of the Pat Gilroy/Mickey Whelan ‘dream ticket’?

Hill 16 are reporting that the Dublin county board tonight confirmed the appointment of Pat Gilroy as Dublin manager, with Mickey Whelan, Paul Nugent and Paddy O’Donoghue completing the managerial team.

It all smacks of Stan/Sir Bobby to me.

Bizarre appointment. Can’t really understand the merits behind it or what Gilroy’s supposed to be bringing to the job. You’d suspect they wanted to give the job to Mickey Whelan but couldn’t really give it to him again so they’ve just appointed a proxy. Bit of an indictment of guys like Deegan and every other manager in Dublin that they’ve appointed a mediocre ex-player in front of him. If we were going to do that we should have raided Waterford for a journeyman.

I hope Gerry Harrington comes out with the Delaneyesque world class management team line. Gilroy does appear to have feck all management experience but he was involved with DCU along with Whelan last year and they must have some sort of close friendship being clubmates. It’s hardly enough experience to warrant taking charge of Dublin though but that’s where Sir Bobby, sorry Mickey Whelan, must come in.

OFF TOPIC

Bandage, whats the deal with your signature? What did the legendendary Eddie ever do to you?

BACK ON TOPIC

I get the feeling Mr Heffernan had his fingers all over this one. Vins in charge of Dublin again, might be a good thing, who knows.

[quote=“myboyblue”]OFF TOPIC

Bandage, whats the deal with your signature? What did the legendendary Eddie ever do to you?

BACK ON TOPIC

I get the feeling Mr Heffernan had his fingers all over this one. Vins in charge of Dublin again, might be a good thing, who knows.[/quote]

OFF TOPIC:

See the Ireland-Cyprus thread.

ON TOPIC:

Donal g and John Gardiner are the 2 player reps on the committee to discuss the Cork managerial position.

To me it looks like Gilroy will be the front of it but whelan will call the shots…I’d say whelan wasn’t going to be the face of the new management after abuse he got in '96…he was unlucky then as he’d takin over a dublin team just after reaching the holy grail in '95 after 3 years of falling at the final hurdles…they were still celebrating during Whelan’s reign and had no apetite for that year’s championship…I 've a lot of time for Whelan as a football man…he always tries to cultivate footballers first and creatine donkeys last…the vincents team he managed played lovely football…Dublin need to get back to picking cultured footballers as opposed to brick shithouse roadrunners like Casey etc…

Paul Casey, he has 4 Leinster medals you know.

Astonishing…

[quote=“myboyblue”]Paul Casey, he has 4 Leinster medals you know.

Astonishing…[/quote]

a rising tide lifts all boats…