GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

When they managed to break into the POWER RANKINGS, the wheels suddenly started to come off.

1 Like

They’ve 5 county panellists I think plus a few more good club players like Shane Walsh but they may have a tail compared to the city sides. Gearoid Dunne is the player they need to bring his game to the next level if they are to win it out.

Is Tommy not on Newstalk anymore?

They don’t do live games anymore he does gaa go

His legs were gone. Cody gave him a few chances

Done cork v Clare this year

Tommy was a GOAT but around 13 +14 he got roasted in games vs Danny Sutcliffe and Conor Lehane. Cody didn’t trust him after that.

2013 was so odd. Kilkenny got humiliated twice but they still regrouped in 2014.

Surely something went wrong with their training. Cork ran them off the field in 13.

He was done in 2007

He still does a few bits I think. Richie hogan doing a lot with them, he’d be more on the OTB level.

KK were injured ravaged, their all Ireland was preventing Tipp from winning the title down in Nowlan park.

Lar Corbett was injured too wasn’t he. Some hype around that game.

I dont know how OTB are paying all these lads.

Murphy, Skehill, Hogan, Nash, Tommy Walsh, Jamesie O’Connor etc.

A similar number for football then.

The day Billy danced

Walsh looked a shadow of himself in 2013.

It was so strange, it was like a switch tripped overnight and he was just a completely different player. And it’s not as if he was that old.

Cody never forgave him for running in front of Nash on the penalty in 2013 leading to a retake which Power missed and Walsh missed the volleyed follow up.

If Lar didn’t go off in Nowlan Park, Tipp had a really good chance of winning that day. Who knows how far they would have gone. Good enough to win it out.

Shefflin getting sent off v Cork probably didn’t help them either.

All ifs and buts

One of the best ones I saw was the much maligned Aidan o se in 2015 v Donegal. Burster of a goal at FF. He rarely recaptured it though.

Bereft of context and basing it just on the line-ups, it’s hilarious that Cork team got within 15 points of KK. Fair enough, we had the likes of Horgan in his prime and Kearney, Nash, Cronin and Harnedy, but there were some bang average hurlers starting for Cork back then. The quality of the bench tells its own story, most of the lads there wouldn’t get anywhere near the current extended panel.