GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Brian McIvor is the new Derry manager. Good appointment for them.

Badtick and probably Fennell surely would go. Would have to be end of O’Gara’s IC career. I think Connolly’s potentially a very good footballer if he’s managed well, but he’s obviously burnt a lot of bridges. Its a pity in a way, as there was the makings of a very good long term team there. It was always going to be difficult for a man as busy as Pat Gilroy to remain, he has however done a great job with them.

As long as Dublin manager/managers over the coming years aren’t complete stiffs there should be a good few more All-Irelands there for the taking as Dublin are now consistently producing superior underage talent to any other county.

If they could teach the young lads some composure up front they’d be laughing, sweet jesus that was childish football on Sunday from them. Whatever happened to Bernard Brogan?

Bernard started hanging around with the Irish modelling set and going to pretentious shiteholes like Buck Whaleys. Hence he’s now shite.

That’s the modelling set as in the Katy French-type stripping to your knickers in a wheelie bin as opposed to the model railway building set who I’d have a lot of respect for.

A couple of points/observations:

1. I see the new Cavan manager was appointed on a four year term. This is unusual isn’t it? I thought inter-county managers only get one or two year deals though i suppose the four year term means nothing as they can sack him when they want.
  2. What do Kerry folk think of the appointment of Eamon Fitzmaurice? Will it be a success? 2RE, Somehorse might give their thoughts.
  3. Mickey Harte has signed on for another three years with Tyrone. He is some man and has given them some service. All the best to him and Tyrone. How many years is he there now?

Very important to make that distinction, Sidney.

The model railway building set are known for their large contingent of true footballing men.

Brogan gave up his job didn’t he? What did he start working at then?

[quote=“Pikeman, post: 155135”]

Brogan gave up his job didn’t he? What did he start working at then?
[/quote]He was talking last week about buying up a load of pubs with his Da. Not sure how that would work out.

Buying pubs with his old man.

Waterford’s Kevin Ryan assumes the poisoned chalice that is the Antrim job. That will involve a lot of driving I’d say.

And dollars I’d say. Was sorry Laois didnt move for him. At Co Final stage and no manager appointed, again. Ridiculous.

Seems an odd appointment for Antrim, esp after the mess that was the Wallace affair.

Where is Kevin Ryan based does anyone know? I presume Waterford. No amount of mileage could be worth that driving a couple of times a week.

Based in Waterford. He’d be a very good appointment if he can manage the logistics.

Next Waterford Hurling manager Fagan?

I presume Paul Flynn will be promoted from the U21’s in Carlow to the top job, would be a natural progression for him towards the top job in Waterford down the line.

Didn’t John Meyler get the Carlow senior job the other week?

That’s Philly Flynn not Paul Flynn who has the Carlow job and I wouldn’t rule out Philly going to Antrim with Kevin.

Unlikely that Kevin will ever get the Waterford job now as the county board wouldn’t do anything as divisive as appointing a Mount Sion man to the job. A blithering idiot yes, a Mount Sion man no.

Yes. Him and Rainbow were appointed to the top jobs in the one night.